Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat off them way too much first half.

Second half, got into them and earned three points.

7 from Cardiff, Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelsea is a point more than I would have hoped for best case. Shame we bottled it at newcastle but still a decent return.

Mina did well today, Jordan seemed a lot calmer today together with a couple of crucial saves. Dominic is developing with every game. Thought it was a clever finish by Richarlison who was back to his best. Barkley clapped the Gladwys as he was hooked, never had any class lad. The Old Lady was rocking again.

Would love to know what he said at half time because it was instant from the whistle. That ball across the box for Bernard got everyone up for it and it went from there. Probably the best half of football I've seen this season.
He had a go at them and said they needed to do things differently, according to his post-match interview. Oh to be a fly on the changing room wall.

Tim Cahill and some legends.

Attachments

• 20190317_172258.jpg
    20190317_172258.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 20190317_162124.jpg
    20190317_162124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
Ended a 25 game streak without a win against the Big Six. (7 draws 18 defeats 15 GF 59 GA) - a run so bad that 4 defeats by Spurs (agg 4-16) added up to more goals against than we'd managed in 25 games over 2 years.

Last win was the 4-0 over City.

While since I’ve seen a game with two such contrasting halves. Stood off them in the first half and watched as they played the ball around us, we had one touch in their box in that half. Second half played at a much higher tempo, got in their faces, pressurised them and the crowd fed off that. Welcome and an unexpected 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.