Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not enough has been made about the two stonewall penalties we should have had.
Was watching the Barnsley v Wednesday game yesterday, and there was a penalty incident that was the same as the Godfrey penalty against Newcastle, Godfrey VAR penalty, Yesterdays game VAR no penalty. 2 penalties not given Sunday makes you think that the powers that be want us down just to create the story of a big team getting relegated.

Used to be Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal that did our nuts in...now its a rivalry with Bournemouth! Come on, let's not stoop that low! 🤪

Was watching the Barnsley v Wednesday game yesterday, and there was a penalty incident that was the same as the Godfrey penalty against Newcastle, Godfrey VAR penalty, Yesterdays game VAR no penalty. 2 penalties not given Sunday makes you think that the powers that be want us down just to create the story of a big team getting relegated.
oh mate, Other than the Prem doing all they can to ensure the big six stay the big 6 I don't normally buy in to the conspiracies. But I guarantee - the best outcome for the Premierleague would have been for us to get relegated. Given the FFP stuff and the fall out from that it would have been so much easier for them had we gone down.
We've been poor and we were down there because we deserved to be but at the same time we have had some truly shocking decisions against us. Some absolutely baffling officiating. I'd put money on the officials Sunday being told do not give us a penalty unless absolutely unavoidable.

Bournemouth with their -34 goal difference should've gone down instead of Leicester.
Nah, Leicester deserved it. I remember a couple of months ago their local journalist was scathing of the lack of effort from the squad and James Maddison jumped on twitter telling him to stop talking bollocks as they'll be fine.

If ever a team thought they were too good to go down, it was Leicester. With that squad available to them, criminal that they've gone down. Can blame Rodgers or Smith but the fact is those players haven't turned up anywhere near enough and coasted through the season thinking they're good enough.

I made it a three way photo between Garner, big Yerry and Gana.

Then when I got home and watched the highlights Pickford came into the reckoning on account of that stoppage time save.

But in the end I plumped for Gana ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.