Everton v Benfica - Thursday 5th November @ 8.00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooo....

....I take it that it was a good thing that this wasn't being shown in the USA and instead of watching it streaming/reading commentary on here, I was wise to take my family to see Astroboy?

Carry on.

I've been in Astroboy's camp for years now. Kid's got serious jets in his feet. Should have signed him years ago.

Didn't see the match. We stink now, and our team is a walking (well most of them) NHS. We get these extended slumps every year. Just hoping that we can get it together for the Europa games that actually matter.

Spot on Monts, but the true Everton fans will think you're overreacting.

And for Cahill, as rubbish as he was yet agai, he's still not a centre mid. Nor is he a right winger. If we're gonna play a 451 at home Moyes then PLAY CAHILL BEHIND THE STRIKER where he's actually USEFUL

There is no shred of over reaction there NNN it is the bitter truth IMO. Most who know me will confirm that I stick by the players and manager through thick and thin..................what showed on that pitch last night was a mish mash, a bunch of gutless wonders especially the seasoned pro's. If one player could be exonerated it would be Tim Howard as he at least appeared to be angry with some of the puerile crap we turned out................I just couldn't hold my head up after that game for any reason mate. I have never claimed to be the best blue on here, no one has that right mate but I would claim to be a solid supporter and my concerns are now growing with the hour (n)(n)(n)

so which of the last few shocking performances will be the watershed to kick start our season.

the players have an extensive library to choose from.

I can understand the injury situation and the lack of quality but the lack of heart and passion i can,t.
We surrendered 2nd half and apart from howard and rodwell the others were gutless.
We can,t defend or attack and after that showing last night i,d rather see the kids out there.
Cahill,fellaini and bily went missing that much i thought they were off the pitch.

Awful clueless performance. No idea, no class, no determination and only Fellaini and Howard come out of the game with any credit.
Good post apart from fellaini deserving credit,he ambles round like he is on a beach.
I think he gets noticed cos of his size and hair just focus on him during a game he goes missing so much

Insipid,lack luster,no pace,no quality,no fight.no midfield ,poor defending, we made them look good .If moyes doesn´t get more from the players we´ve got fit we are in real dire straights.

I think it won't be a problem getting through to the R32, but more importantly we had to learn from these two defeat against Benfica. I don't think I need to say it there technical ability is without a doubt higher than us, but this is football we are talking about here, playing a team who are in some way better than us in some area, does not necessary mean we can't beat them!

We lost to them not because they technical ability are higher than us, we lost because they are more determine to win this match than us and there fitness level are higher than us, did you see they hardly slow down toward the end of the match.

I understand we are going through a period where result aren't going our way, injure number are high, confidence & form are low, which most team does goes through this period sometime during the season and giving them cheers & support to get them out of this slump is what we need be doing, but in return we expect to see our player fighting spirit and most important a high level of fitness.

But so far, we are not reaching the level we should be at and we need to look at improving the attacking build up. Did you guys see what Benfica are doing and we are not? There player move as a unit, the follow up are great, there zone defence in attack and defence are at a high level.

Did you guy see a throw in we had in the second half, they have 6 player surrounding Fellaini, we had 3 player around, not just we made no attempt to increase supporting number in that area, the two player make no movement to open up space for the throw in, also there build up attacking play is something I would like to see us be able to do in the future.

May be not all of it but quite alot of there attacking play we could learn from them. I think I should stop here, I am sure Moyes and the rest of our coaches would see alot of things we should learn from this match, and I don't want to list them out one-by-one, I don't have the time and space to do it and it would be like a report and it would be alot of pages.

My advice to the team is improve all the things from above and most importantly learn from the Benfica match, this is exactly how you break down another team defence.

Well I recall every transfer window when the clock was ticking and I moaned about our lack of ability in closing deals and lack of ambition. And i was constantly told to wait and see, and wait and see some more. For 4 windows now I am waiting. I am not seeing.

It will get to a point where we are going to hold our hands up and say this is not working and it needs to change. We then need to look at who is ultimately responsible and who is not delivering. This goes right the way through the club, from the top to the bottom, but it's from the top that needs to provide for the next man down, and that clearly is not happening.

What I would like to see is more people on this site showing a bit more passion for the club and a lot less tipping around the tulips, as the case usually becomes as soon as you get pissed off at something.

Not directing this at anyone in general, but we do seem to be far too passive for the situation.

Obviously Kipper is the opposite, but some of them have a right to be pissed off.

This post alone can spawn off a new thread. Spot on.

I think there a lot of pissed off people ,and I am certainly passionate about the club.I wanted to vomit after last nights crap because we know we are better and deserve better.What do you want us to do?Petition like our nieghbours?Turn on the club the manager?I am well pissed off with the preformances lately ,yes it´s partly injury´s but it´s also down to the players on the park.There was no passion and know belief last night an utter no show.Benfica are that good we were that crap.Moyes can´t drop anyone as there is no one to replace the dropped !We have improved the squad but unfortunately thier are to many quality players the treatment room.Namely Pienarr,Jags,Neville we are badly missing them Arteta is a different story but we did with out him for a large part of last season and coped.+ Niel and Hetringer could have made a difference last night and Saha certainly would .All that said I still think we´ll pass this group.
The purchases although good were made to late.Your right in this respect ,but lets not do a Newcastle .We have to steady the ship rather then tip it over.I know it´s hard but keep the faith.

I think there a lot of pissed off people ,and I am certainly passionate about the club.I wanted to vomit after last nights crap because we know we are better and deserve better.What do you want us to do?Petition like our nieghbours?Turn on the club the manager?I am well pissed off with the preformances lately ,yes it´s partly injury´s but it´s also down to the players on the park.There was no passion and know belief last night an utter no show.Benfica are that good we were that crap.Moyes can´t drop anyone as there is no one to replace the dropped !We have improved the squad but unfortunately thier are to many quality players the treatment room.Namely Pienarr,Jags,Neville we are badly missing them Arteta is a different story but we did with out him for a large part of last season and coped.+ Niel and Hetringer could have made a difference last night and Saha certainly would .All that said I still think we´ll pass this group.
The purchases although good were made to late.Your right in this respect ,but lets not do a Newcastle .We have to steady the ship rather then tip it over.I know it´s hard but keep the faith.
I think last night was different because the majority of players showed they did not care,we submitted last night.
I cannot remember an everton team ever giving in like we did last night and thats why a lot of fans are angry.
I know the quality is missing with injuries,i accept getting beat but i will not accept not trying,we played like a sunday league team last night and that was not on.

We can still be in this competition come January.

I presume that anyone we buy in January wouldn't be eligible to play. Is this correct?

Hopefully our team can go injury free untill our other players return and get fit.

It might be best to write this season off, and hope Moyes can rebuild the spirit that is obviously missing, and on top of that, improve our football.

If he can't, then perhaps next year will be judgement day, but in the meantime, I hope our players aren't left to their own devises as seems to be the case at the moment.

Take a step backwards, and then move forward is the only way here.

Nope, they could play in the Europa League, providing we register them in before the second stage deadline, but of course they can't have played for a club who has played in this competiton this season, or a club about to enter the second stage, i.e. club who finish 3rd in CL group stage.

There is no shred of over reaction there NNN it is the bitter truth IMO. Most who know me will confirm that I stick by the players and manager through thick and thin..................what showed on that pitch last night was a mish mash, a bunch of gutless wonders especially the seasoned pro's. If one player could be exonerated it would be Tim Howard as he at least appeared to be angry with some of the puerile crap we turned out................I just couldn't hold my head up after that game for any reason mate. I have never claimed to be the best blue on here, no one has that right mate but I would claim to be a solid supporter and my concerns are now growing with the hour (n)(n)(n)

Mate to be clear I was in 100% agreement, I was just saying that the ultras on here will castrate you for daring to whinge about a poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.