Everton v Benfica - Thursday 5th November @ 8.00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate to be clear I was in 100% agreement, I was just saying that the ultras on here will castrate you for daring to whinge about a poor performance.

Normally I'd be one of them NNN but the reaction to last nights game in this thread is fairly unanimous.......................we were [Poor language removed] big time :(

2nd best in a two horse race in two matches.
We are not ready.

Keep saying, its going to get a bit worse yet before it gets better, but it will get better...

2nd best in a two horse race in two matches.
We are not ready.

Keep saying, its going to get a bit worse yet before it gets better, but it will get better...

It will but to maybe to late for this year.But look at our team fully fit.

---------Howard-----------

Neil-----Yobo-----Jags------Bains

-----------Neville------------

Pienarr ----Arteta-----Billy

-----Saha------- Yak

+Cahill,Felliani,Rodwell,Osman,Hibbet,Distan,Gosling.

Thats the difference.Look at the middle ,never mind the difference Neville and Jags make. it´s hard to see it now but I think we´ll have a storming second half of the season,but for now it´s damage control.

Luckily, 1666 and all that :D

Chin up Monty, if it doesn't get better come Januaryish I will buy you an internet pint.

Cheers my old son............................we will improve when Pip gets back................we played better with crap under his leadership than anyone elses, that shows how depressed I'am:oops::oops:

Was at the game. Truley awful especially when most people in the gwladys were more interested in a fight that kicked off after the 2nd goal.

Won't even finish top ten IMO in the league

It will but to maybe to late for this year.But look at our team fully fit.

---------Howard-----------

Neil-----Yobo-----Jags------Bains

-----------Neville------------

Pienarr ----Arteta-----Billy

-----Saha------- Yak

+Cahill,Felliani,Rodwell,Osman,Hibbet,Distan,Gosling.

Thats the difference.Look at the middle ,never mind the difference Neville and Jags make. it´s hard to see it now but I think we´ll have a storming second half of the season,but for now it´s damage control.

And Mr Heitinger and Jo in the mix.

Also think DM will always include at least one of Rodwell, Cahill and Fellaini in the 1st 11.

Was at the game. Truley awful especially when most people in the gwladys were more interested in a fight that kicked off after the 2nd goal.

Won't even finish top ten IMO in the league

It doesn't surprise me, our fans gave up hope long before half time.....................there is no place worse than a silent Goodison but the gormless pricks masquerading in blue didn't even try to do something about it(n)(n)

Cheers my old son............................we will improve when Pip gets back................we played better with crap under his leadership than anyone elses, that shows how depressed I'am:oops::oops:

Sometimes, when technically ungifted players are injured you dont think you will miss them. Until you do.

Phil is a leader and he will not surrender. His fighting qualities have been missed.

When DM came in, the whole team spirit was based on fight and energy. The current team seem to think they do not require those atributes and can get by. Sadly not.
We need our leaders back on the pitch and it is only a matter of time.

True fella, but you can see what I´m getting at.You can´t make a silk purse out of a sows ear ect....

Hold on a second, last night match was full of first team squad players.................we have made a sows ear from a silk purse.

I think what we are all agreeing on is that the players wearing the shirt are not performing to their true abilities and potential, irrespective of the missing players.

It has been going on for weeks now. Back to basics and the things that put us where we have been the last couple of seasons. Mostly, a lot of hard work, application and attitude.

These things are recoverable and with the return of the influential players (Phil and Phil to start with) things can turn around.

Sometimes, when technically ungifted players are injured you dont think you will miss them. Until you do.

Phil is a leader and he will not surrender. His fighting qualities have been missed.

When DM came in, the whole team spirit was based on fight and energy. The current team seem to think they do not require those atributes and can get by. Sadly not.
We need our leaders back on the pitch and it is only a matter of time.

This;););)

I think what we are all agreeing on is that the players wearing the shirt are not performing to their true abilities and potential, irrespective of the missing players.

It has been going on for weeks now. Back to basics and the things that put us where we have been the last couple of seasons. Mostly, a lot of hard work, application and attitude.

These things are recoverable and with the return of the influential players (Phil and Phil to start with) things can turn around.

I agree. Rodwell is gonna be class. But he doesn't give the back 4 insurance at the moment. We paniced at the back last night everytime the ball came in our half.

Other players such as cahill or yobo aren't even stepping up to lead either.

I did think fellaini played well though. But why yak was playing wide left in large chuncks of the game I don't know... He was rarely in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.