Everton v Benfica - Thursday 5th November @ 8.00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Revenge: a dish best served cold.

I'll be honest, for some reason it makes me think of soup which almost takes the dramatic impact away from it. Soup is an exception here - wonderful food that sometimes you forget how boss it can be - if you're sat there disagreeing, get all over lentil soup again. You don't have to wait until you've been to dentist to have it. Soup's best served hot?

The exception - gazpacho, those of you railroaded into it on a three courses for 2,000 pesetas in Espana will agree - it just works. Maybe that's a dish best served cold, our Iberian cousins got it right.

Fellow Iberians arrive to Goodison on Thursday, they're alright the Portugese - like a sort of Spaniard-lite - Sotnas won't thank me for that but its a compliment. As discussed there are always exceptions to rule, like half their national team's first team squad who are not averse to simulation, or being cheating snidey gets to you and me.
I took the chance to peek/stalk one of their forums before the away game, thanks to the cutting edge translation of google I realised that they share a lot of traits/love alliance with our loveable neighbours. When they say stuff, it's like a statement rather than being something they believe - like starry eyed follower of Camp Koresh it's all stuff about "glorious" past and all sorts of assorted toe curling stuff that heard them say so there's not need to re-cover. Anyone seen where the Rafatollah's parked these days?

In short: I would like to spank these, not to just offset the second half surrender in Lisbon but to repair our reputation a bit and show that we can compete with the well known euro teams. What I'd really like to see is that rather boss winger who had a field day against us on the end of someone's boot up his arse for doing some showboating near the end. Ole".

Were feeling a little easier with some of our players coming back but face a disadvantage of two of our best performers against Villa, stand up Mr Neill & Mr Heitinga, being not available. Pienaar, lets hope none of our other players have their knee butted, would be a really welcome return but unlikely, t'others are still a few weeks away. No point guessing until the night of the match and hoping that Baz Rathbone comes across some of that powder used effectively by Miyagi.

In the first half you seen Everton pretty much match Benfica so whilst its not customary of blues to be over optimistic, if we are really up for this match you'd hope that we fly into every 50/50 tackle right from the whistle in front of a partisan evening time Goodison. On the flip side they've shown that they have some good players who could do that counter attacking thing that in all honestly I hate watching teams do to us.

The loss in Benfica was a close to a game we could afford to lose but with Champions League teams entering in the next round you'd be wanting to win the group.

So, a tough one to call - for me I think it might be a game two or three weeks too early but I'd dearly loved to be proved wrong.

Get into them blues.

PS: I've been stopped a few times and asked by the eurotypes where is a good bar to spend pre game. I have a hunch The Lisbon is going to be popular mid week. Bien bogs they got there lar"

Basically we will have to be putting out virtually the same players in the same positions as that that went to Portugal. So I see a difficult game here.

Basically we will have to be putting out virtually the same players in the same positions as that that went to Portugal. So I see a difficult game here.

Far from it mate, the defence should be Hibbert - Yobo - Distin - Baines which is a marked improvement from three right backs.

But yeah, the rest might not be so good.

ambrosia is a dream when cold, got some home made damson jam that i'm not averse to putting a blob of in.

as for the portugese, well they gave us the worst wine gum in the pack, and the cheating showpony.

they can keep that scabby eagle cos they are gonna see the dove of love, there'll be fireworks overhead from walton hall park, get on the black peas with a dash of vinegar, and bring your own parkin.

we owe these big, steam the bashtards into the ground and stick that winger next to me in the family enclosure.

Spank this spank that. Let the football do the talking eh?

I for one wouldn't be so arrogant if I got pummelled 5-0. We lost today but we still outplayed them, just unlucky in front of goal. Força rapazes.

Spank this spank that. Let the football do the talking eh?

I for one wouldn't be so arrogant if I got pummelled 5-0. We lost today but we still outplayed them, just unlucky in front of goal. Força rapazes.

We're going to destroy you. Both physically, and in the scoreline.

We're wounded and pissed off. Literally the worst possible conditions for team that is soft and weak away from home to come to Goodison.

Not one for all that Turkish [Poor language removed], but you'll be welcomed to Hell when you arrive.

Try the lager.

Status
Not open for further replies.