Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard and Gomes dreadful performances. Iwobi started brightly and then faded as did our front line (doesn't help that we are lumping balls up for Mings to deal with easily). Coleman has also been surprisingly poor.

On the bright side, Keane and Branthwaite have done OK but our midfield is slowly getting overrun. Again.

Kean and Gordon on? (For Bernard and Iwobi?)

Midfield is useless. Davies and Gomes no.pace or power no goal threat. Bernard looks like a little boy. Iwobi looks like he has never seen a football. Midfield has got to be the priority for transfer business
Defence looks ok. Branthwaite looks very promising
A bit more effort and we can win this.
Digne is doing the while job of this midfield. Feel sorry for DCL and Richy with this midfield

That’s fine if he makes himself available for a pass. But when is the last time he did anything when he got the ball. Opposition not worried when he gets the ball. He showed a lot of potential. I just don’t see it anymore. Was he coached this way? If so, why take someone who knew the importantance of closing down or making runs forwards and take the urgency out of his game? I personally just think he is a better player than what we are seeing at the moment.
I think that he’s been coached to play a more defensive role, he picks the ball up deep and plays short passes, it’s not attractive to say the least. That kinda role never sets the field a light and he won’t pick up many goals in that role. I’d push him higher and tell Gomes to sit deeper

I still think there's a decent player in gomes somewhere. He may be one of those players that plays to the standard of the team, bad for us atm.

Perfect chance to give kean time today

Bernard and Gomes dreadful performances. Iwobi started brightly and then faded as did our front line (doesn't help that we are lumping balls up for Mings to deal with easily). Coleman has also been surprisingly poor.

On the bright side, Keane and Branthwaite have done OK but our midfield is slowly getting overrun. Again.

Kean and Gordon on? (For Bernard and Iwobi?)

Coleman surprisingly poor?
Lad. He has been dog dung for about 2 years. I know he cost £5.99 but he is looking like we were robbed the last 50 games he has played

Even if we were given a team of world beaters, within 10 games they'd be playing like this. We are just cursed or I expect the RS mafia have issued instructions to be crap else they will 'celebrate' in their houses and around their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.