Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were marginally better than their shocker against Wolves, although Villa are a poor side, so in real terms they were not better at all.

As I've said Villa are a poor side and they were better than us on the day (in my opinion), the public admonishmet by Seamus and Ancelotti, at the end of the day, had no real effect, they're still the same bunch of freeloaders.

This end of season clearout can't come quickly enough and after we've raised two and halfpence from the sale we'll be ready to storm the market.

You should have won that we were there for the taking.
At 1-0 and it being near the end your team went into its shell , understandable really with what was riding on the result and a lack of confidence throughout the team.
Thought your manager should have been a bit more proactive as you could see villa starting to pull back a bit and losing the momentum.
Be a big ask to stay up now hopefully you can beat Arsenal and West ham and results go your way elsewhere, sooner have villa stay up than Watford , Bournemouth or West ham who I wanted down, can't stand there owners, other two are just boring clubs.
Next season you will have to rebuild, like we will, cant see the likes of Grealish, luiz , Ming's or McMinn staying around if you go down.
Rate McMinn although he was quite yesterday that luiz outshone him a bit.

Agreed, I personally like Smith and have a lot of time for him (as he is a boyhood Villa fan). But he just hasn't shown an ability to adapt to top flight management. Countless times where we concede late on to drop points, and he still shows a bit of tactical naivety. Especially behind the curve when it comes to substitutions, still don't know why he only made 2 yesterday. Many examples of that throughout the season.

Yeah, there is still hope we can be safe, but I think we are pretty much down already. It will be interesting to see how the rebuild goes for us(and for you guys as well) with the changes to the transfer window. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 of the players you mentioned get sold, but at the same time I don't think we will sell all 4. I especially like McGinn, but he hasn't been the same player since he fractured his ankle vs Southampton in december. Be surprised to see a team reach our owners valuation of him.

Agreed, I personally like Smith and have a lot of time for him (as he is a boyhood Villa fan). But he just hasn't shown an ability to adapt to top flight management. Countless times where we concede late on to drop points, and he still shows a bit of tactical naivety. Especially behind the curve when it comes to substitutions, still don't know why he only made 2 yesterday. Many examples of that throughout the season.

Yeah, there is still hope we can be safe, but I think we are pretty much down already. It will be interesting to see how the rebuild goes for us(and for you guys as well) with the changes to the transfer window. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 of the players you mentioned get sold, but at the same time I don't think we will sell all 4. I especially like McGinn, but he hasn't been the same player since he fractured his ankle vs Southampton in december. Be surprised to see a team reach our owners valuation of him.
I agree 100% about McGinn, to be honest I would have taken him over Grealish any day of the week (and I do rate Grealish very highly by the way). Such a terrible shame if that injury has permanently weakened his game. :(

For a team fighting relegation I was very disappointed with Villa. We were as expected. Liked the new lad, and always happy to see Moise get some game time. Must be pretty disheartening for Carlo having 5 subs to select and there is nobody decent on the bench. If the subs rule continues into next season clubs like Man City will have a huge advantage with the depth of talent in their squads. Makes it seem all the harder to compete.

Interesting once again to see all the "he is crap" comments aout Iwobi, just cant understand why noone is questiong the selection process by the manager...it is obvious to everyone except the manager that Iwobi does not suit the job he is being asked to do week in and week out, and a job which almost automatically quarantees his substitution around the 60th minute....I feel sorry for the lad, not because criticism of his perforamces is unjust, but because the manager willingly puts the player in that situation, knowing full well what the outcome will be.
I agree with parts of this. But I struggle to comprehend how you can be a professional footballer and not be able to be competent in any position in a 4-4-2.

I heard the result before watching it, and didn't bother until last night. Tbh, I'm just fed up with us not winning games we should. Our players aren't bad
footballers, but most of them just aren't good enough to get us competing at the top. Over to you, Fahad and Carlo.

Still plenty of time to vote for your MotM vs Aston Vanilla, this poll doesn't close till 7.57pm on Tuesday !!

Still plenty of time to vote for your MotM vs Aston Vanilla, this poll doesn't close till 7.57pm on Tuesday !!

Can I get an extension till Friday please? I don’t wanna make a decision I’ll regret.

For a team fighting relegation I was very disappointed with Villa. We were as expected. Liked the new lad, and always happy to see Moise get some game time. Must be pretty disheartening for Carlo having 5 subs to select and there is nobody decent on the bench. If the subs rule continues into next season clubs like Man City will have a huge advantage with the depth of talent in their squads. Makes it seem all the harder to compete.

Which is why it will stay.

You can have a weeks ban if you prefer to give you time to fully consider your vote ;)

Kramer-OMG-WTF.gif

Thought you lot were very poor and there was only one team that was going to get the first goal . Typical of us to fold and allow a team that struggles with goals to score against us that late. We’ve been so mentally weak for years now. That late goal has cost us big time . Think we’ll look back at that game, and say that’s why we got relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.