Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose the next 2 we have very little margin for error the rest of the year. We would quite possibly need to win 7 out of 16, or 6 with a fair few draws. We probably need about 22 or 23 more points.
Yep. It is what it is. The damage was done first half of season and nobody can change that ?‍♂️

The way we play and hopefully the way we pick up a bit of confidence and cohesion is probably more important than the result in this one.

We need to quickly adapt to Dyche’s tactics so we can go to Anfield with a bit of confidence and a proper game plan. The RS are dropping points loads this season and Dyche is the kind of manager who can wind them up and sneak a result.

I used to love Arsenal at Goodison the last ten years or so because they would roll over often when we showed fight but this year they’re a different beast unfortunately.

The most important game in our club's illustrious history to date.

Every red I know is desperate for us to lose this one.

We just get behind the lads like we did at the back end of last season.

Frankly our squad is dire, but the players aren't deliberately playing poorly.

If ever this grand old team needed our support it's now.
Why has the last like 8 games been this? I would argue this and the derby are free hits. It’s the other games after which are more important.

Why has the last like 8 games been this? I would argue this and the derby are free hits. It’s the other games after which are more important.
Total free hit here. Learn how to play under Dyche in a game we’re expected to get smashed in and hopefully come away with some pride, a bit of confidence to take to anfield and a result

It's weird as we can't really afford anything but a draw or win with this group of players. Usually you'd say as long as we don't get shat on and hold them to at least a 1-0 or 2-1 or a draw we will be fine but we have seen time and time again with this group that one loss can cause heads to drop for months. It's weird to trust the manager but have no trust in the players. I just want us to look like we actually are trying to win the game. We haven't looked like that in bloody ages.

Good luck blueboys and to everybody going the match, bring your voices because we need them. Roar those players into every tackle and drive them forward. Shout for everything. Dont underestimate the effect you can have on the match. We did it last year and we need to join together again. Tomorrow is a start. If you are angry at our board of liars use it to intimidate and unsettle arsenals players. Turn a negative into positive support for the team and management. Nobody is going to help us so what are you going to do about it. All together we can start to drag the team up the table and confidence will start to come back inside you and the team. We dont need that board. We can do this ourselves together with the team and start thinking about football again. This is our club never forget that. UTFT.

Good luck blueboys and to everybody going the match, bring your voices because we need them. Roar those players into every tackle and drive them forward. Shout for everything. Dont underestimate the effect you can have on the match. We did it last year and we need to join together again. Tomorrow is a start. If you are angry at our board of liars use it to intimidate and unsettle arsenals players. Turn a negative into positive support for the team and management. Nobody is going to help us so what are you going to do about it. All together we can start to drag the team up the table and confidence will start to come back inside you and the team. We dont need that board. We can do this ourselves together with the team and start thinking about football again. This is our club never forget that. UTFT.
Brilliant mate agree with you it's the only answer

If we go one or two down we have to stay with them like it or not it's our club not anyone else's and keep doing it or they will fall apart and we all know it the players are not strong enough to take stick imo so bite your lips and right behind them you know I'm right

If we go one or two down we have to stay with them like it or not it's our club not anyone else's and keep doing it or they will fall apart and we all know it the players are not strong enough to take stick imo so bite your lips and right behind them you know I'm right
Spot on. I just hope the board stay away. That would be the best thing for the club. The crowd dont need any distraction from just supporting the team and watching a footy match. If they turn up they will change the atmosphere from positive to negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.