Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing how we line up tomorrow. Will give a good indication of what we can expect the rest of the season
Yes, a new manager's first team selection is always a sign. However I think the game v the RS will be a bigger indication. He will have had a bit more time and one game already. For the RS he knows he needs 11 out there with big hearts and bigger balls. Not sure we have 11 mind you but they will be the ones he will rely on most going forwards.

Two tough games. I think we will get a point from one of them and I think that will be against the RS. Anything against the arse is a bonus, but still achievable.

Bizarrely looking forward to going the match to see how Dyche has us fired up...thinking 1-1..then a voice in my head telling me Im probably talking bollox..

I’ve got back to back kid’s birthday parties from 12 so will be relying on this thread and some form of sports app to keep me updated. I just have a weird feeling we’ll get something out of this.

If we win, I’ll drink a pint of gravel just to sound like our imperious new leader!

UTFT!!

They really are but a defeat tomorrow will probably send GOT into meltdown. Need to be realistic. Hopefully see some green shoots tomorrow
The problem is we arent in a position where we can accept defeats anymore. We need something from the next 2 games, for morale and so we arent cut adrift. Unfortunately we could well and easily lose both due to our lack of top flight quality

The problem is we arent in a position where we can accept defeats anymore. We need something from the next 2 games, for morale and so we arent cut adrift. Unfortunately we could well and easily lose both due to our lack of top flight quality
I agree it would be excellent but a surprise to get something from the next two but even if we don’t we are not out of it. Definitely need to see improvement though, even if defeated

I agree it would be excellent but a surprise to get something from the next two but even if we don’t we are not out of it. Definitely need to see improvement though, even if defeated
If we lose the next 2 we have very little margin for error the rest of the year. We would quite possibly need to win 7 out of 16, or 6 with a fair few draws. We probably need about 22 or 23 more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.