Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A disappointing result but an unsurprising one. Bournemouth are something of a bogey team for us ( what the Germans call an angstgegner).
I don’t intend to watch the EPL next season but I hope Everton does ok. To be honest, I prefer watching the Wellington Phoenix these days

NSNO

Thank Christ that's it finished, at least for a few weeks, when we all start equal again...who the hell am I kidding - bloody VAR, bent refs, diving barstewards in other teams - ah bollocks, I'll still be back hoping we can get out of the cul-de-sac we're in, after turning another corner.

Massive job for Marcel this summer window, possibly even make or break for him? Don't let us down brandsy!

Next season for Carlo on the pitch, depending on our midfield/squad post window - I'll take any improvement on 12th and some cup runs, as signs of progress (a cup win please football god's, let us win a cup FFS).

Off the pitch, just get BMD started Mosh & Uncle Uzzy - that's the key to our future.

A disappointing result but an unsurprising one. Bournemouth are something of a bogey team for us ( what the Germans call an angstgegner).
I don’t intend to watch the EPL next season but I hope Everton does ok. To be honest, I prefer watching the Wellington Phoenix these days
NSNO

all of the prem is an angstegner to us

Not the best way to end the season, but the restart was an even worse way to end the season so fiddle dee dee.

I'm just glad that it's now accepted public health protocol that I wash my hands of this. Onward and upward. Or maybe sideways.

I've just borrowed this from a poster Patrick McFarlane on Toffeeweb.

It pretty much sums up this clubs ineptitude with recruitment and Brands is responsible for some of this ineptitude also.

When you see them listed as below all together, it really hits home how much trouble we are in.

Patrick McFarlane's apt comment:
"Despite the salaries, they can't or won't be motivated!"

Bernard Anicio Caldeira Duarte £120,000
Yerry Mina £120,000
Andre Gomes £112,212
Jordan Pickford £100,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson £100,000
Theo Walcott £100,000
Richarlison de Andrade £90,000
Lucas Digne £90,000
Fabian Delph £80,000
Seamus Coleman £70,000
Leighton Baines £65,000
Michael Keane £60,000
Cenk Tosun £60,000
Oumar Niasse £55,000
Moise Kean £53,173
Alex Iwobi £50,000
Cuco Martina £35,000
Tom Davies £25,000
Mason Holgate £25,000
Beni Baningime £8,000
Dominic Calvert-Lewin N/A
Jean-Philippe Gbamin N/A
Djibril Sidibe
Loanees
Guaranteed annual salaries.
Yannick Bolasie £3,900,000
Sandro Ramírez £3,380,000
Muhamed Besic £1,560,000
Luke Garbutt £1,456,000
Jonas Lossl £1,456,000
Kieran Dowell £780,000
Jonjoe Kenny £780,000
Shani Tarashaj £780,000

I think people are underestimating just how bad we are. From a basically flawed goalkeeper, to a midfield unable to complete 5 yd passes. Our best players will look to move, out worst players ( which is a lot ) will sit on 100 grand a week contracts. Next year WE WILL be in Bournemouth's position unless something radical happens. Tom davies wouldn't look out if place in a mid table championship team.. Gomes has all the tome in the world ( apparently), unfortunately we do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.