Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spineless and insipid. Again. Just a culture of mediocrity. There was a bit in the game which I thought just summed us up as a team. Davies went to pass to Coleman and sloppily put it out of play (shock, I know). Coleman turned to Davies and said precisely nothing. Club captain should have been bawling him out on the pitch, making a show of him, demanding more like he says in his oft repeated rallying calls. Richarlison aside, there is just nothing there.

Over to Carlo me thinks.........because I think that Brands has done enough.
Let Brands sort out the dross.
And let Carlo (hopefully) sort out the team that (he wants) for next season.
Let's see what Carlo can do (if anything) to get us playing decent football.
Let's see what happens. Because tbh anything or nothing can happen with Everton set up.......

The problem is there isn’t much time for Carlo to sort the team out for next season,

So I fear the starting XI on September 12th will not be radically different from today’s :(

Awful. This season feels like rock bottom.

Upwards is the only way now.
Sadly this might not be rock bottom yet, my instincts tell me things could get worse.

The club don't back Ancelotti to his satisfaction and most of the layabouts we have are still with us next season, add to that the the new signings all behave like Moise Kean did this season, it's then things could get worse.

The above horror scenario is not an impossibility.

I no longer believe this club can do anything right.

The players should be made to wear a t shirt this summer as follows:

"If the points between us and them over the park were a team, theyd also be above us. Shame Shame......"

I keep saying it... do you reckon Carlo signed a long term deal cos he was thrilled at the prospect of working with the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin? He knows the score. Hes always known the score.

He'll stay around until his retirement is padded enough for that villa on Amalfi coast. Then he'll make a quiet escape with "club will always stay with me" crap. Said it since the start. He doesn't do rebuilds, especially those required here but the Premier league will pay big so why not? This summer, I hope I'm proved wrong and we start mixing and signing in the top player category. However, I think a lot of you will have nowhere to go with your optimism as this guy in most eyes is the best we can get. In Carlo's eyes, if he squeaks us into Europe in a season or two, he'll have succeeded. Will most be happy with 7th every year if thats what he accomplishes and then leaves? Really interested to know what most on here expect from him. Top 4? Top 7? top 10? What would be viewed as a success for you personally during his time here? Personally, I think (like Mourinho at Spurs) we're being taken for a ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.