Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll stay around until his retirement is padded enough for that villa on Amalfi coast. Then he'll make a quiet escape with "club will always stay with me" crap. Said it since the start. He doesn't do rebuilds, especially those required here but the Premier league will pay big so why not? This summer, I hope I'm proved wrong and we start mixing and signing in the top player category. However, I think a lot of you will have nowhere to go with your optimism as this guy in most eyes is the best we can get. In Carlo's eyes, if he squeaks us into Europe in a season or two, he'll have succeeded. Will most be happy with 7th every year if thats what he accomplishes and then leaves? Really interested to know what most on here expect from him. Top 4? Top 7? top 10? What would be viewed as a success for you personally during his time here? Personally, I think (like Mourinho at Spurs) we're being taken for a ride!
Hope your wrong, time will tell.
But as you say ,what will quantify as success?

What's getting right on my tits is how some of the lads are just accepting yesterday (and our performances since coming back after lock down) "It was the last game of the season" "We had nothing to play for" "no fans there affected us" etc, etc. Here's a thought, how about playing for pride FFS! I actually thought we got rid of our biggest coward when Schneiderlin left, seems I was wrong.

He'll stay around until his retirement is padded enough for that villa on Amalfi coast. Then he'll make a quiet escape with "club will always stay with me" crap. Said it since the start. He doesn't do rebuilds, especially those required here but the Premier league will pay big so why not? This summer, I hope I'm proved wrong and we start mixing and signing in the top player category. However, I think a lot of you will have nowhere to go with your optimism as this guy in most eyes is the best we can get. In Carlo's eyes, if he squeaks us into Europe in a season or two, he'll have succeeded. Will most be happy with 7th every year if thats what he accomplishes and then leaves? Really interested to know what most on here expect from him. Top 4? Top 7? top 10? What would be viewed as a success for you personally during his time here? Personally, I think (like Mourinho at Spurs) we're being taken for a ride!
Taken for a ride? time will tell...it might turn out to be a magic carpet ride yet.

Some of the over reaction on here is laughable, team with everything to play for beats team that’s had nothing to play for, for weeks shocker

A fitting end to our season, a happy little win in the Goodison sunshine would have glossed over the utterly pathetic displays many of these players have put in this season and tricked us into thinking things aren't so bad.

A summer of introspection and soul searching needed from all at the club, top to bottom. This has to be the trough of the curve now, we simply can't slip any further down now if we ever wanna achieve our ambitions ever again. This is true for many of our players, all too often they've known that the manager can take the heat for them, they know as long as they seem like nice fellas and put in the occasional performance they can make a comfortable living at Everton. All the excuses have ran out, especially with no fans. However, now we have a top class manager who won't accept players phoning in performances, can take any public/journalistic pressure that comes his way, has won everything and has the desire and tactical acumen to win and get results.

Give Carlo the players he needs, get shut of all those who aren't up to his standards, and the standards the Everton of old demanded, even in the days of David Moyes.

It's not necessarily doom and gloom, we have Carlo a handful of talented young players, but this is it now, we have to head back in the right direction because average is no longer good enough for 6/7/8/9th and we'll be as irrelevant as your West Ham/Newcatle/Southampton/Villas before you know it.

Some of the over reaction on here is laughable, team with everything to play for beats team that’s had nothing to play for, for weeks shocker
A team should put in some effort if they did have something or not to play for,that is all fans want, lets not forget how many times have we not turned up in games, not just over this last few weeks.

A team should put in some effort if they did have something or not to play for,that is all fans want, lets not forget how many times have we not turned up in games, not just over this last few weeks.

Spot on. Based on our last few seasons it is hard to tell whether we simply had nothing to play for, or we were just THAT bad. I'm kind of leaning towards the latter...

For a laugh ive just had a quick look on oddschecker to see what we are to win the Premier league next season. I wasn't surprised to see we are 500/1 to win it but what depressed me the most was that Newcastle were 300/1 and Leeds were 250/1!! One team that has Steve Bruce as manager and the other hasn't played a Premier League match since 2004 and they are bothed deemed to have better seasons than us on the horizon! We are in trouble lads

What's getting right on my tits is how some of the lads are just accepting yesterday (and our performances since coming back after lock down) "It was the last game of the season" "We had nothing to play for" "no fans there affected us" etc, etc. Here's a thought, how about playing for pride FFS! I actually thought we got rid of our biggest coward when Schneiderlin left, seems I was wrong.
They could play for their wages
Funny how managers get sacked for underperforming but players never are
I can think of a few of our grazers who deserve to be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.