Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO....let me get this straight...

The team the got absolutely walloped 9-0 this year finishes the year above us AND with a better GD?

Holy hell, just when I couldn't be more disillusioned by these absolute wasters..
I hope the press link Ings to everyone they can the way they would if we have a player scoring none stop lol

You put 2 quality midfielders on the pitch and Everton are top 8 again. The midfield been shocking since lockdown, Gilfi/Davies/Gomes have done something like 3 tackles in total since lockdown.
Defence is decent, Digne/Holgate/Keane/Branthwaite/Mina
All decent players

Strikers are good
Richarlison/Kean/DCL all decent

Just the midfield is shocking
All down to opinions, not sure on the back 4/5 major errors in all of them on a regular occurrence and that includes the keeper and if you think the forward line will hit a minimum of say 40 between them to push top 8 I think you will be lucky, we would need 4 goal scoring midfielders as the ones we have don’t know where the goal is And the list of defenders don’t add much to the scoring pot.

If Carlo is still here by game 1 of next season it means he’s had the right backing and we have hopefully got rid of a load of garbage. If he isn’t backed I reckon he’ll do one before the season starts and then we’ll have something to really worry about.

As for this season: Good riddance.

We are in trouble, we simply can’t replace all that needs replaced in one window.

We need
(1) a goalkeeper;
(2) a centre half to partner Holgate and a back up to go with Branthwaite;
(3) a midfield, keep Gomes if we get a beast of a defensive mid and keep Gordon;
(4) a centre forward, DCL isn’t prolific enough.

We need seven players, which means we have to get rid of 12.

Better effort than Pickford.

tenor.gif

nothing Pickford could have done there tbf

We are in trouble, we simply can’t replace all that needs replaced in one window.

We need
(1) a goalkeeper;
(2) a centre half to partner Holgate and a back up to go with Branthwaite;
(3) a midfield, keep Gomes if we get a beast of a defensive mid and keep Gordon;
(4) a centre forward, DCL isn’t prolific enough.

We need seven players, which means we have to get rid of 12.

A lot of what is wrong with the club stems from the midfield; sort that out and we might find out Pickford isn't that bad and DCL can start banging them in. We've seen with United how buying one player solved most of their problems, so it can be done provided the manager settles on a way of playing that suits what we have.

Personally, in terms of certain incomings I think we need a couple of real quality central midfielders and a RB. Then the manager can switch to a system that suits them and which everyone can have confidence in.

The bigger work will be getting rid of a lot of the players we have panic bought during the last few years - Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, Tosun, Bernard, Bolasie, Delph, Besic, Sandro and so on - and switching from a mentality of buying to a mentality of developing players.

Keane has not been immense since the restart. Nonsense. Nobody in blue has, look at our results. He has had some good moments, absolutely but these are amplified in our eyes by the relative rubbish around him in the same fixtures. However review the same games and there have been many near misses where we avoided a car crash. I recall arriving in at the park end pre the Allardyce home derby on a sat morning. He looked like he was planking it walking in last minute from his car. A very average player with a weak mentality.

A lot of what is wrong with the club stems from the midfield; sort that out and we might find out Pickford isn't that bad and DCL can start banging them in. We've seen with United how buying one player solved most of their problems, so it can be done provided the manager settles on a way of playing that suits what we have.

Personally, in terms of certain incomings I think we need a couple of real quality central midfielders and a RB. Then the manager can switch to a system that suits them and which everyone can have confidence in.

The bigger work will be getting rid of a lot of the players we have panic bought during the last few years - Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, Tosun, Bernard, Bolasie, Delph, Besic, Sandro and so on - and switching from a mentality of buying to a mentality of developing players.

No matter how good a midfield may be they cannot make up for a goalkeeper who can’t make simple saves. Carlo needs to take a long hard look at the players we have and be brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.