Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this window is fair to call a success already despite it still being open in some respects.

The one thing I think is clear that Carlo has brought us benefits not just in terms of our footballing ability and tactical nouse. Carlo has also brought us clear benefits in terms of a draw for big players and he has also worked well with brands to develop a coherent strategy for development of the team both in terms of current players and the type of person we want to bring in.

I’ve had a few bevvies but I guess what I am saying is that Carlo is the don and if all goes to plan, he will have a statue or at least a swanky wine bar at Bramley Moore in a few years time!

....finally we appear to have a transfer strategy, any acquisitions need to fit the way we want to play. I read a report from a foreign outlet today that Ancelotti refused to sanction a move for Milik because he wants forwards who counter-attack.
Weird isn’t it. Buying players with an actual idea of how you might use them. Not like the glory days of three no 10’s with no CF.

What if by a miracle DCL doesn't get injured eh? Tough one that innit?

Thing is, every club looking to challenge has to have a contingency plan.

Given the fixture congestion this season, plus the fact that a positive covid test means two weeks quarantine, then there's a lot more risk if we're trying to drag minutes out of players.

We saw it last week with Allan's muscle strain. Luckily it doesn't look a bad one but that's after 4 games.

I just think the club are being rather daft if they think we can muddle through. Given the start to the season we've already seen that we could really do something this year.

At this point he isn't good enough for me sadly.

Cracking little player with magic in his boots, but sadly doesn't affect games enough to warrant a place in the side.

Capable of moments of quality, but not enough for what we need.
He wouldn't be first choice no, but as an option off the bench of to fill in if for some reason James can't play.

Now we have the sort of midfield that can control games more Bernard should be able to affect games more himself. Open the pockets that other players we have are unable to.

Not saying he is a like for like replacement for James, we have to accept we will never have that. But he is still a fine player that offers us something different when James isn't available.

What is the plan if DCL gets injured?

Richarlison up front, Iwobi on wing?
Think that’s definitely what would happen, also Gordon and Bernard who can play there who’ll be desperate for game time, I would expect us to go in for Josh King if an injury did happen before the EFL deadline tho

Probably, but then we're one knock or suspension to Richarlison away from having no striker, and that's the big worry.

Well, it's not 'big', it just seems an unnecessary risk to me.

Yet again, brands has left us short, he did the same at centre last summer through naiievity. I'm not mad or anything, i just find it very amateur to send kean out without at least having his replacement signed first. I'm not going to excuse his 'things didn't turn up as expected in the end', it's a silly risk to send out your bench striker with certain, just careless imo. Let's hope it doesn't cost us, we got lucky last year with centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.