Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would like an experienced striker in there.Still not convinced by DCL. Never confident he’s going to slot.

get new centre back. New striker and sort out centre kid with 2
Don't think we'll see more than 3 permanent signings, although I'd love use to make use of the loan market. My thinkg with DCL is he's still a solid player. I'd rather improve the whole midfield and start DCL then splashing the cash on a new striker while trying to piece together a midfield with Gomes and whoever's we can get on loan. As others have said theres alot of areas of the squad that need improving, but prioritizing is important. CM and are wide areas are a mess

I find it mad that people are talking about our forwards. I mean this seriously but it’s literally the only area in our team where we don’t need direct replacements aside from a left back. We have 3 players that people should be mostly happy with playing regularly, Digne, Richy and DCL. Every single other player in the squad has shown this season that they can be replaced and maybe even should be if that was possible. Can we please focus on our non existent midfield before any chat about our MULTIPLE 10+ goal a season strikers as well as our MULTIPLE young promising strikers, one of which was touted as one of Europe’s brightest young prospects less than a year ago. Christ.

But they need more than that to compete on fifa

I find it mad that people are talking about our forwards. I mean this seriously but it’s literally the only area in our team where we don’t need direct replacements aside from a left back. We have 3 players that people should be mostly happy with playing regularly, Digne, Richy and DCL. Every single other player in the squad has shown this season that they can be replaced and maybe even should be if that was possible. Can we please focus on our non existent midfield before any chat about our MULTIPLE 10+ goal a season strikers as well as our MULTIPLE young promising strikers, one of which was touted as one of Europe’s brightest young prospects less than a year ago. Christ.
Personally I agree with you, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of those who don't. DCL hasn't got a goal or assist in his last 9 games, that's worrying. If he had the record of Lukaku or whoever you put it down as a frustrating drought but ultimately you know things will go back to normal; in DCL's case though, this is normal. We're basically hoping that the 12 game run when he scored regularly is what he's going to be like in future. If it's not, and he reverts back to being a striker who regularly has long periods without scoring and ends the season with 7/8 goals, then we're not going anywhere fast. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can totally see why others aren't.

Even a modest improvement in scoring from DCL next season, and you'd hope he would hit minimum 15 goals, that would be ok if we brought in a midfielder capable of getting 6-8 goals.

We'd need to keep Richarlison as well, obviously.

We have a midfield that quite honestly is all fur coat and does nothing tangible in the course of a game. It isn't asking a lot to ask someone to contribute 6-10 goals from midfield when you look at other teams. We have nothing even remotely near across the entire middle four.

We don't score near enough goals quite patently, but that really is an issue for the entire team.

I think a tough decision has to be made on Kean in the next few weeks, if Ancelotti can't be confident that he is going to play regularly enough, we are going to have a problem considering what we paid for him. We're not getting that back from an Italian club, but it's the 3rd striker we need to chip in with goals, as well as the midfield.

Don't like looking at relegated sides players tbh, but if the bottom three stay as they are I wouldn't mind us looking at Sarr at Watford - think a few others have said the same?

If del boy hadn't snapped his cruciates I would have put a cheeky little bid in for him as well, to bring a blue home, but we have enough injured crocks that never come back the same after bad injuries, so swerve that one.

Hope our move for the saints clogger dies a death - he's not worth 20 mill.

Look elsewhere Brandsy laaaaa.

GK if poss (someone splurge on ADHD and take him from us, please jebus!)
RB
Cm x 2 or 3
St

Uncle Uzzy - make it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.