Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Simms get time on the pitch but think its too risky with him & Kean as our only back up options up top.

I still maintain that we are a Richarlison injury away from collapse unless we dont bring in another goalscorer.

What about if we bring in a young Cr7 on the wing?

And a big Franky Lampard in midfield.

Who is this big bird fella?
pretty sure he is insinuating:

1595456342840.png

A load of defensive/keeper errors during a 3 month purple patch.

He's not scored in the last 9 games and scored about 5 goals in the 2 and a bit years before his purple patch.

Fans are gonna be in for disappointment if they genuinely think he's going to do much for us next season.

I think DCL needs to improve, but the team need to make more chances for him as well, we have got one of the worst midfields in terms of creating chances. Even a top striker would struggle without good passing and crosses from the midfielders.
I think we looked better playing 451 against Sheffield utd and think DCL had 2 he should have scored from and a couple of half chances.

The problem is Moyes has poisoned the fanbase into accepting mediocrity up top providing said striker "works hard".

Compare that to say the Goalkeeping position and look how demanding / high standards we have of that position because of having had the likes of Southall, Martyn, Howard in his prime.

I agree moyes bought strikers and ruined them, making them run the channels and tackle back on the half way line, players like Yakubu, Beatie and Johnson. They looked great at their other clubs in 451 because they stayed central in the final third, occupied the two central defenders and scored goals, that was their job.

Hudson-Odoi would easily fetch 25m though, Garbutt's peak may have been 5m.
Sure, but they are paying him six figures a week. So, they either pay a portion of his wages or the pool of clubs prepared to buy him, pay his sign on and pay his massive wages is small. He'll stay at Chelsea, play 15-20 times, moan about it and eventually rock up at West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.