Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't have a fit right back. We still have a few fixtures in a short space of time and it'd be very rissky to continue without a recognised right back. Hardly a big fee is it. we all know martinez was never going to look at buying a keeper in this window, even if he was, pretty sure we've had a long plan to buy byram, we wouldn't have bought him if it meant not being able to afford a first choice player.
I agree on the GK issue. But I think our priority should have been a second striker. If that had been secured then the signing of a RB and a player we'll only see next season might be justified. We might well still see that striker arrive, but the spending of about £8m already casts doubt on it.

And Kone admits himself that he's not well suited to the lone striker role.
The moment anyone of us even remotely takes into consideration what that donkey impersonating an Everton footballer thinks is the moment we need to change our club motto....

I agree on the GK issue. But I think our priority should have been a second striker. If that had been secured then the signing of a RB and a player we'll only see next season might be justified. We might well still see that striker arrive, but the spending of about £8m already casts doubt on it.

who knows, maybe he'll go for a loan. if yarmolenko is true, he is someone who COULD play that role.

but after what i said about the RB situation that would make me quite hypocritical haha i can't see us selling naismith and not bringing in an attacker of some sort.

Unless Mirallas is sold I doubt Yarmolenko will be coming this window. We spent around £15 million net in the summer, assuming the Naismith sale will wipe out the money spent on Byram and the Swiss kid, I doubt we will have £21 million to spend on a wide player.

Unless Mirallas is sold I doubt Yarmolenko will be coming this window. We spent around £15 million net in the summer, assuming the Naismith sale will wipe out the money spent on Byram and the Swiss kid, I doubt we will have £21 million to spend on a wide player.

I'd happily see Mirallas go if it meant Yarmolenko coming in. Mainly because Bobby would actually play Yarmo.

i could have come up with that theory though, anyone could have. There just adding up our two largest rumours. would love it to be true mind. wouldn't really explain why we've held onto naismith for an extra couple of weeks when we could have brought in a better player who would be a starter and instead keep someone who can't get on the bench.

I agree that it is a simple enough rumor to come up with if you're just looking for clicks not fact, but in regards to why we would have held onto Naismith, from what I've read, he's the one holding the transfer back, not the club. Could be he wants a better option than Norwich and is looking out for that, which is holding the deal up. Would make more sense than the club holding back the move despite the yarmolenko deal being dependent on the funds from the Naismith transfer.

I agree that it is a simple enough rumor to come up with if you're just looking for clicks not fact, but in regards to why we would have held onto Naismith, from what I've read, he's the one holding the transfer back, not the club. Could be he wants a better option than Norwich and is looking out for that, which is holding the deal up. Would make more sense than the club holding back the move despite the yarmolenko deal being dependent on the funds from the Naismith transfer.

Correct, he is settled at the club, where is the incentive to move to norwich? I reckon we will need to give him a percentage of the fee. It appears as if Martinez has tried to sicken him by not including him in the squad but Naismith won't be forced out.

Status
Not open for further replies.