Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the express, the yarmolenko deal will go through following the Naismith deal.

If it's to be believed, the first domino to fall has to be the Naismith sale and after that we'll figure out if this yarmolenko deal is for real or not rather quickly. I honestly have no idea if it's true or a bunch of hogwash

Sorry if it's old news, just saw it and thought I'd share.

Here's the article:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/633267/Everton-complete-swoop-Norwich-deal

This was reported before xmas by someone who interviewed Yarmolenko's agent and it was mentioned that the Naismith move could be key to us bidding.

Yarmolenko and his agent are wanting the move but the sticking point is Kiev's chairman who will sell in this window providing the deal is right.

Some of the detail here translated from recent interviews with Yarmelenko

- What is the situation with your future? Topic titled "Transfer Yarmolenko" is still on everyone's lips ...

- We have agreed with the President that if there is an offer that will suit him and me, he let me go. But while the formal proposals on me "Dynamo" did not arrive. So I do not see any reason to say anything on this subject.And in the case of the emergence of a formal proposal the president of "Dynamo" knows my position: I want to play in a stronger league.

- In continuation of this theme, probably, it would be strange not to ask about your own future. Around a lot of rumors that you are only able to dispel or confirm.

- Accepts all these conversations with a smile - or can not. Every six months, everything happens as a blueprint, and in my mind, do not expect anything grand, formed the standard phrases which have to be repeated in every interview.

- And nothing to add?

- I was glad to announce anything new, but the news is still there. There is an agreement with the president, if an invitation, which will suit him and me, it does not obstruct the transition will be. But as long as formal proposals in the "Dynamo" did not arrive and say I think about.

Martinez made it clear that Eto'o was an intergral part of the team and there was no chance of him leaving - the next day he was sold.
Martinez made it clear that we had no intent to bring McGeady to Everton in January - a week later we signed him in January
Martinez made it clear he would not be moving Stones over to rb to cover Colemans injury - a couple of days later Stones starts at right back against man City
Martinez states this window we would not be looking at doing any business in terms of ins and outs, soon as the widnow opens we change and bring in with Byram - 3 players, have stated that Naismith will be sold, have stated that McGeady and Gibson will be let go on loan, also stated that a player of the calibre of Yarmolenko when asked is a definite possibility.

No real doubt Mirallas will stay put? Really? I for one and many others besides have massive amounts of doubts about if Mirallas will still be here in February mate

Noticed a trend there mate?

I hear you. But I still think that by and large Martinez is pretty honest with us about his intentions, when he actually chooses to tell us something.

Fans didn't believe him last summer when he said that Stones wasn't for sale. But Stones is still with us. Now he says that no key players will leave this window, and that includes Miralles.

He's said that he'll allow players who aren't getting games to leave if they want - which explains the decision to let Eto'o and Naismith go, even though these weren't planned.

He's spoken in support of Howard. And I do believe that he's got no intention of buying a keeper this window, though I wouldn't rule out yet the possibility of Robles starting some league games before the end of the season.

What did Martinez actually say when asked about Yarmolenko ? It was so non-specific as to be almost meaningless. This is the Toffeeweb version : "Yeah, we could. I never the close door on anything; it's the window. We've been working really, really hard to get some business (done) really early. Shani Tarashaj was our target number one in terms of doing it quickly. We've got a couple of situations that could happen. The shape of the squad is going to be determined in the last week of the window and we want the squad to be stronger than it is now."

While we would inevitably suffer if (and I imagine when) Lukaku goes I think we will be better off than we might first think. Naismith and Kone have both scored goals freely. Someone like Austin would thrive on the service of Deulofeu, Baines, Barkley etc.
I wouldn't want to rely on that lot to give us anything resembling the firepower Lukaku offers.

We need one of those signings that come in and do a reasonable job. The way Shane Long has done for Hull and then S'ton. Not him in particular, but that type of immediate impact.

Saturday's XI to face the rentboys:

Howard

Byram, Jagielka, Stones, Baines

Besic, Barry

Geri, Barkley, Lennon

Lukaku

I hear you. But I still think that by and large Martinez is pretty honest with us about his intentions, when he actually chooses to tell us something.

Fans didn't believe him last summer when he said that Stones wasn't for sale. But Stones is still with us. Now he says that no key players will leave this window, and that includes Miralles.

He's said that he'll allow players who aren't getting games to leave if they want - which explains the decision to let Eto'o and Naismith go, even though these weren't planned.

He's spoken in support of Howard. And I do believe that he's got no intention of buying a keeper this window, though I wouldn't rule out yet the possibility of Robles starting some league games before the end of the season.

What did Martinez actually say when asked about Yarmolenko ? It was so non-specific as to be almost meaningless. This is the Toffeeweb version : "Yeah, we could. I never the close door on anything; it's the window. We've been working really, really hard to get some business (done) really early. Shani Tarashaj was our target number one in terms of doing it quickly. We've got a couple of situations that could happen. The shape of the squad is going to be determined in the last week of the window and we want the squad to be stronger than it is now."
The only promising thing there is that when he is asked if a player of Yarmolenko's calibre could arrive this window he says yes. Everything else is just him waffling like he normally does.

Saturday's XI to face the rentboys:

Howard

Byram, Jagielka, Stones, Baines

Besic, Barry

Geri, Barkley, Lennon

Lukaku

Byram won't be registered in time (IF we sign him this week... indeed if we sign him at all). Plus Mori is playing excellently.

It'll likely be the same line up except Lennon/Kev for Del and Cleverley for Osman.

I wouldn't want to rely on that lot to give us anything resembling the firepower Lukaku offers.

We need one of those signings that come in and do a reasonable job. The way Shane Long has done for Hull and then S'ton. Not him in particular, but that type of immediate impact.

The difficult we have I think, is that we play with 1 up front. Clearly Martinez likes Kone as a back up. You also have Naismith/Mirallas who can fill in. Unless we move a couple out it's hard to see it being justified bringing one in.

You are right about Long though, I've always liked him. It's a funny market though, if you look for the prices Graham or the other lad who's just gone to Bournemouth have gone for, people are paying huge fees for players who will do essentially what we got Marcus Bent to do all those years ago.

One thing that always surprised me was us moving Anichebe on. He is a very poor mans Lukaku but always thought he'd have been a good back up and happily been a back up striker.

It's hard to think of too many who would happily come in to sit on the bench. Whats funny is Spurs have a very similar option when they talk about Harry Kane. Like us, one injury and they are done. But how can you spend big when you really only play 1 up top?

I'd like to see us make a move for Austin in the summer, he'd be a smart signing. Possibly tangling some money under QPR's nose if we get some cash for Naismith and/or Mirallas could work. They don't look like they are going up anyway. It would be a risk leaving Yarmalenko to the summer like, but maybe one worth taking? who knows.

Eventually we will, but there's more pressing matters elsewhere.

we don't have a fit right back. We still have a few fixtures in a short space of time and it'd be very rissky to continue without a recognised right back. Hardly a big fee is it. we all know martinez was never going to look at buying a keeper in this window, even if he was, pretty sure we've had a long plan to buy byram, we wouldn't have bought him if it meant not being able to afford a first choice player.

According to the express, the yarmolenko deal will go through following the Naismith deal.

If it's to be believed, the first domino to fall has to be the Naismith sale and after that we'll figure out if this yarmolenko deal is for real or not rather quickly. I honestly have no idea if it's true or a bunch of hogwash

Sorry if it's old news, just saw it and thought I'd share.

Here's the article:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/633267/Everton-complete-swoop-Norwich-deal

i could have come up with that theory though, anyone could have. There just adding up our two largest rumours. would love it to be true mind. wouldn't really explain why we've held onto naismith for an extra couple of weeks when we could have brought in a better player who would be a starter and instead keep someone who can't get on the bench.

Byram won't be registered in time (IF we sign him this week... indeed if we sign him at all). Plus Mori is playing excellently.

It'll likely be the same line up except Lennon/Kev for Del and Cleverley for Osman.

I think if we sign him by midday tomorrow he can play in the Chelsea game. The RS managed to get Caulker in the squad when he only signed the day before.

The difficult we have I think, is that we play with 1 up front. Clearly Martinez likes Kone as a back up. You also have Naismith/Mirallas who can fill in. Unless we move a couple out it's hard to see it being justified bringing one in.You are right about Long though, I've always liked him. It's a funny market though, if you look for the prices Graham or the other lad who's just gone to Bournemouth have gone for, people are paying huge fees for players who will do essentially what we got Marcus Bent to do all those years ago. One thing that always surprised me was us moving Anichebe on. He is a very poor mans Lukaku but always thought he'd have been a good back up and happily been a back up striker. It's hard to think of too many who would happily come in to sit on the bench. Whats funny is Spurs have a very similar option when they talk about Harry Kane. Like us, one injury and they are done. But how can you spend big when you really only play 1 up top?

I'd like to see us make a move for Austin in the summer, he'd be a smart signing. Possibly tangling some money under QPR's nose if we get some cash for Naismith and/or Mirallas could work. They don't look like they are going up anyway. It would be a risk leaving Yarmalenko to the summer like, but maybe one worth taking? who knows.

Essentially that's what Long does.

We have poor cover in PL terms. If you look at a team even like Stoke they have two or three out and out attackers who they can feasibly turn to. Outside of Kone, we can only point to adapting Mirallas or Naismith if something happens to Lukaku.

In short: the signing of another striker is a necessity, not a luxury.

We have poor cover in PL terms. If you look at a team even like Stoke they have two or three out and out attackers who they can feasibly turn to. Outside of Kone, we can only point to adapting Mirallas or Naismith if something happens to Lukaku.

In short: the signing of another striker is a necessity, not a luxury.

And Kone admits himself that he's not well suited to the lone striker role.

Status
Not open for further replies.