Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez didnt sign Casemiro though? He was signed for their Bteam and then brought into the first team by Mourinho...then made a breakthrough under Ancelotti...

Signed to the youth team, broke through in to the first team before being sent packing by Ancelotti. Rafael activated his buy back clause and offered him an extended deal.

If Brands actually sold some players for once then we could spend more :)

He signed Gomes, Iwobi and Delph for circa £58mil...

@ToffeeTim sorry i just saw it now...

€35mil option to buy for Kean and another loan???

You either:
Sell
loan for a fee
Loan with an obligation

What is an option going to do for us...it massively favours PSG...

I wouldn't even entertain an option to buy.

Either a straight sale or a loan with an obligation at a decent fee.

Anything else isn't beneficial to the club

Kean is no good, so no surprise that no one is really trying to buy him altogether. Huge risk.

Once again though some of the top 6 are making moves. United looking in pole position for Sancho, Liverpool getting Konate, Arsenal looking at Locatelli. City making noises on Grealish and Kane.

Meanwhile I’ll doubt we’ll spend more in total in the whole window than the fee for one of these players. If we do it’s looking likely to be later on now because of the managerial change.

We’ll then get the usual moaning about why can’t we go toe to toe with these teams or out play them on their own patch with free flowing attacking football. Haven’t people twigged on yet that they’re operating in a completely different stratosphere to us.

Even Liverpool, the self titled poor man of the group, are now throwing around 40 mill fees like it’s standard: Jota, Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Konate, Van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Allison - all players above that level of spending. Meanwhile that is pretty close to our record purchase with only Siggurdson and maybe Richalrison anywhere near it.
Sigurdsson gets hammered in here daily and Richarlison stank the gaff out last year, so why should we spend those kinds of fees regularly when we’ve arguably soiled the bed to varying degrees with them so far?

Also you fail to mention the likes of Leicester, Wolves and Villa who haven’t chucked that kind of cash around but have had greater success relative to us recently in terms of building squads and playing good footy.

I’m frustrated myself, like, but I don’t like the notion than spending massive wedges equates to being good. United might be making seemingly wise choises now but they haven’t exactly had roaring successes with big purchases either!!!

Once again though some of the top 6 are making moves. United looking in pole position for Sancho, Liverpool getting Konate, Arsenal looking at Locatelli. City making noises on Grealish and Kane.

Meanwhile I’ll doubt we’ll spend more in total in the whole window than the fee for one of these players. If we do it’s looking likely to be later on now because of the managerial change.

We’ll then get the usual moaning about why can’t we go toe to toe with these teams or out play them on their own patch with free flowing attacking football. Haven’t people twigged on yet that they’re operating in a completely different stratosphere to us.

Even Liverpool, the self titled poor man of the group, are now throwing around 40 mill fees like it’s standard: Jota, Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Konate, Van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Allison - all players above that level of spending. Meanwhile that is pretty close to our record purchase with only Siggurdson and maybe Richalrison anywhere near it.
leicester also signed a player the other day

"Once again though some of the top 6 are making moves. United looking in pole position for Sancho, Liverpool getting Konate, Arsenal looking at Locatelli. City making noises on Grealish and Kane." Yet have they signed any of them? No. Calma calma; we just appointed our new manger today surely we were waiting for that before we signed anybody. Just as sure we have started having the conversations over potential targets just as those above are. Have we not learnt nothing from the last few transfer windows? We have become quite good at not letting our intentions known until just before the official signings. Bed wetter's out early this year I see.

If we can avoid selling any of our stars (richie, dcl, Godfrey etc) for me, we need a rm, a cm and a rb as priority.

If that nunes is apparently as close as it is, and dumfries is going ahead, I would go after saint-maximin for rm. (I know he has primarily played lm but has played rm nearly as much). I've criticised him in the past for his end product, but that has improved, and with a striker who can put away whipped balls in, then he could do well.

I'm more interested in who he brings in and who he tries to ship out, if he's done his homework he shouldn't need a season to find out who needs to go, and that the team needs some pace in midfield .It'll be interesting to see what players he goes for if he gets it correct that could get give him some breathing space with the fans.

"Once again though some of the top 6 are making moves. United looking in pole position for Sancho, Liverpool getting Konate, Arsenal looking at Locatelli. City making noises on Grealish and Kane." Yet have they signed any of them? No. Calma calma; we just appointed our new manger today surely we were waiting for that before we signed anybody. Just as sure we have started having the conversations over potential targets just as those above are. Have we not learnt nothing from the last few transfer windows? We have become quite good at not letting our intentions known until just before the official signings. Bed wetter's out early this year I see.

We’ll Liverpool have signed Konate and United have all but signed Sancho. So yes, they’re making strides in the transfer window when we have not yet.

Signed to the youth team, broke through in to the first team before being sent packing by Ancelotti. Rafael activated his buy back clause and offered him an extended deal.

Youre right ;)

I think this will be a key signing...for me, Kamara from Marseille. One year left on his contract and will be in the French squad soon. Or if we go for younger then Tchouameni at Monaco...

I doubt that's very likely....

We need to find a buyer and recoup our money. He's not a 50m pound player and if we can get over 30m then we've done well. PSG can afford him if they really want him so the loan should be off the table.

I wouldn't even entertain an option to buy.

Either a straight sale or a loan with an obligation at a decent fee.

Anything else isn't beneficial to the club

I think we bought him for £22.5-25mil with clauses taking it up to £27.5nil.

If we loaned him last season for £5mil...then this season get £10mil then weve got back £15mil.

Next summer if they buy for £35mil then weve doubled out money...if not then we have a player whose book value will be zero (due to the loan fees and only 2 years on his contract) and a sale is pure profit for us on FFP terms.

Of course though i think it would be bizarre to loan him with just an option when PSG are splashing the cash.

Sigurdsson gets hammered in here daily and Richarlison stank the gaff out last year, so why should we spend those kinds of fees regularly when we’ve arguably soiled the bed to varying degrees with them so far?

Also you fail to mention the likes of Leicester, Wolves and Villa who haven’t chucked that kind of cash around but have had greater success relative to us recently in terms of building squads and playing good footy.

I’m frustrated myself, like, but I don’t like the notion than spending massive wedges equates to being good. United might be making seemingly wise choises now but they haven’t exactly had roaring successes with big purchases either!!!

Leicester do throw big money around though. 40 mill for Tielemans, 30 mill on Perez who doesn’t even play, 30 mill on Fofana a teenager.

Last window when we apparently ‘backed the manager and spent big’ we spent about 60 mill on Docuoure Godfrey Allan James. Spurs spend more than that on Ndombele.

I’m not saying that throwing being fees around means you get good players. It doesn’t always, but the investment being put into the top 6 is still more than what goes into Everton and we’re trying to catch up with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.