Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester do throw big money around though. 40 mill for Tielemans, 30 mill on Perez who doesn’t even play, 30 mill on Fofana a teenager.

Last window when we apparently ‘backed the manager and spent big’ we spent about 60 mill on Docuoure Godfrey Allan James. Spurs spend more than that on Ndombele.

I’m not saying that throwing being fees around means you get good players. It doesn’t always, but the investment being put into the top 6 is still more than what goes into Everton and we’re trying to catch up with them!

I think we're a prime example of this not being the case anyway.

Leicester do throw big money around though. 40 mill for Tielemans, 30 mill on Perez who doesn’t even play, 30 mill on Fofana a teenager.

Last window when we apparently ‘backed the manager and spent big’ we spent about 60 mill on Docuoure Godfrey Allan James. Spurs spend more than that on Ndombele.

I’m not saying that throwing being fees around means you get good players. It doesn’t always, but the investment being put into the top 6 is still more than what goes into Everton and we’re trying to catch up with them!

There is a difference in profile though when it comes to cost. All the Leicester players you mention signed in their early 20's. 40 mill isnt a lot for 20 year old Tielmans (when he signed) and you keep him for 10 years, then can sell still as an asset. Its a far better use of money as an investment than signing Allan or Doucoure at their profile, keeping for three years then spending the same or double again on replacements and they go for nominal fees, even though i like both. Of course then there is the risk of pulling an Iwobi, but that on your own recruitment.

very loose tenuous pretend itk

That being said would 100% take all 3.

Boadu and Dumfries agent is Raiola.

Kean perhaps joining PSG on loan = us in the box seat for these two?

I wouldnt go for them...

Antony is someone id love us to sign...he and Gravenberch are the two in Holland now to go for.

I'd be nervous of taking 3 players from the Dutch league at once. The last few signings from that league (not just Everton signings) have hardly set the world alight.

If we could do low fees with big bonuses on future performances for Antony and boadu, it wouldn't be so bad.

Tielemans is class though. If I could we could turn £40m into that I’d be well up for a spending spree.

There is a difference in profile though when it comes to cost. All the Leicester players you mention signed in their early 20's. 40 mill isnt a lot for 20 year old Tielmans (when he signed) and you keep him for 10 years, then can sell still as an asset. Its a far better use of money as an investment than signing Allan or Doucoure at their profile, keeping for three years then spending the same or double again on replacements and they go for nominal fees, even though i like both. Of course then there is the risk of pulling an Iwobi, but that on your own recruitment.

Tielemans, Fofana, Ndidi and Soumare were high profile before they signed them.

If you invest wisely and the manager is onside to integrate and play them then its the best approach.

Boadu and Dumfries agent is Raiola.

Kean perhaps joining PSG on loan = us in the box seat for these two?

I wouldnt go for them...

Antony is someone id love us to sign...he and Gravenberch are the two in Holland now to go for.

Isn't he Dumfries' agent?

See my post above.

Tielemans is class though. If I could we could turn £40m into that I’d be well up for a spending spree.

Agreed, but my point is that we’re not spending those sort of fees anyway on anyone. We’ve done it once in our history for Siggurdson, the big six are doing it every window now.

Im not saying you can’t get good players for cheaper, or that we haven’t wasted money in the last, or that 40 mill is guaranteed to get you a good player. Im talking about the level of investment to compete with the teams at the top. They are dropping our record transfer fee (plus) on multiple players. We are giving Carlo 60 mill as long as he moves on Kean and Walcott. We need to be giving Benitez a lot more season on season to close this gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.