Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you want to build a team over x amount of years. You don’t hire ancelotti.
it was always going to be like this for a few years, Moshiri wants to get up the table
Ad does ancelotti. I think we will sign one or two older players again this summer.

And you talk about the aggression not working. Well we started with supposedly 3 of our best technical footballers the other day and brought another one off the bench. And they couldn’t string a pass together. Roberto Martinez tried to turn us into Barcelona and look how that went. Unless you have 500mil to spend forget it. Liverpool won the league and are actually quite a direct team. They get it forward quickly and squeeze up the pitch and try and bombard the box with crosses.

Doucoure is a good player, not fantastic but he was what we needed , him and Allan. We were getting walked over every week
In midfield. I actually think Doucoure maybe moved on in 18/24 months at 29 when we may recoup some of our money.
If we have gone up another level
I'm not saying we have to be a possession team. The RS are direct but they have lots of good technical players in the side still.

And we're getting walked over now with Doucoure still playing. Allan is what we needed as he actually tackles and provides some shielding to the backline.

Can someone provide the lowdown on Danurama please, if it likely he''ll come and is he even good or is it another Kean hypejob?

What’s with all this Buendia talk? Have we been linked? Is he actually any good.. not remembering him watched now his YouTube and checked his stats. So 1 goal in 36 in the EPL as a right winger.. hmm...

So what’s with the excitement...

What’s with all this Buendia talk? Have we been linked? Is he actually any good.. not remembering him watched now his YouTube and checked his stats. So 1 goal in 36 in the EPL as a right winger.. hmm...

So what’s with the excitement...
buddy there is no basis for any talk in this thread as it is full of gossiping fully grown humans thinking they are auditioning to take over from mr brands at the everton. thank u.

Leaders.

We need to sign some leaders.

Every time we win a couple games at the moment we all just forget the rubbish performances we've seen this season. The good results are not only papering over the cracks, they are pulling the wool over our eyes with regard to some players. I'm as guilty of this as anyone - I actually got to the point recently where I found myself thinking "Yeah, maybe Gomes and Gylfi could actually perform squad roles for us in future." Of course, actually they can't. In addition to being glacially slow, they cannot be relied upon to put in a shift every single time they're picked.

I want serious professionals wearing the royal blue. Competitors who hate losing SO much that they can't ever bring themselves to relax. They don't have to be the screaming, shouting neck-veins-bulging-as-spittle-flies-everywhere types, but they do have to be driven, fierce, uncompromising professionals. I cannot stand any more pussies who just take matches off whenever they feel like it.

Leaders.

We need to sign some leaders.

Every time we win a couple games at the moment we all just forget the rubbish performances we've seen this season. The good results are not only papering over the cracks, they are pulling the wool over our eyes with regard to some players. I'm as guilty of this as anyone - I actually got to the point recently where I found myself thinking "Yeah, maybe Gomes and Gylfi could actually perform squad roles for us in future." Of course, actually they can't. In addition to being glacially slow, they cannot be relied upon to put in a shift every single time they're picked.

I want serious professionals wearing the royal blue. Competitors who hate losing SO much that they can't ever bring themselves to relax. They don't have to be the screaming, shouting neck-veins-bulging-as-spittle-flies-everywhere types, but they do have to be driven, fierce, uncompromising professionals. I cannot stand any more pussies who just take matches off whenever they feel like it.
Totally agree with this. We need a captain that will put the fear of god in the likes of siggy who never quite makes it to a fifty fifty challenge. Funny that? Trouble is we have no strong leaders in the squad as far as I can tell.

I'm not saying we have to be a possession team. The RS are direct but they have lots of good technical players in the side still.

And we're getting walked over now with Doucoure still playing. Allan is what we needed as he actually tackles and provides some shielding to the backline.
Doucoure becomes ineffective when he has to cover for Hamez. An issue that needs fixing somehow.

Doucoure becomes ineffective when he has to cover for Hamez. An issue that needs fixing somehow.
If Doucoure becomes ineffective when he covers for attackers that is going to be a big problem as it is basically the job of a midfielder out of possession. And I agree with you. Which means I think we've got a problem.

If Doucoure becomes ineffective when he covers for attackers that is going to be a big problem as it is basically the job of a midfielder out of possession. And I agree with you. Which means I think we've got a problem.

Doucoure just can't be a destroyer; he's a box to box.

The Fulham game exposed him badly because he had a faded Coleman being doubled up on, no cover tracking back from James and he had to try and cover the gaps AND try and provide mobility in midfield in the transition.

He was, put simply, overwhelmed.

The answer? Allan, basically.

If we had Allan, that problem goes away completely - we have no replacement for him and, as such, whenever we play a side that is the slightest bit mobile and comes at us, we fold. Allan, Doucoure and Davies/Gomes is our first choice three in midfield.

Doucoure doesn't concern me, as when he isn't the square peg in a round hole he looks generally good.

Doucoure just can't be a destroyer; he's a box to box.

The Fulham game exposed him badly because he had a faded Coleman being doubled up on, no cover tracking back from James and he had to try and cover the gaps AND try and provide mobility in midfield in the transition.

He was, put simply, overwhelmed.

The answer? Allan, basically.

If we had Allan, that problem goes away completely - we have no replacement for him and, as such, whenever we play a side that is the slightest bit mobile and comes at us, we fold. Allan, Doucoure and Davies/Gomes is our first choice three in midfield.

Doucoure doesn't concern me, as when he isn't the square peg in a round hole he looks generally good.
Do you think box to box players should have an impact in between the boxes? I personally do so for me we've still got an issue.

And box to box players still have to cover for attackers. Unless he's playing as a number 10 or striker he is going to have that responsibility at times. Unless we find a Gueye clone that can just do it all instead.

Getting overwhelmed by Fulham and Newcastle's midfields is BAD.

To bring this back to transfers, I'd still like to see serious money spent in midfield this summer. We're still very bad in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.