Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Rabiot's biggest fan but he does have a skill set which we don't have in our midfield - he runs with the ball, he carries it very well, and is extremely strong in possession.
Whenever I've seen him (and I'm sure that you have seen a lot more of his games than me ) he hasn't shown any pace or aggression - which are two qualities we are desperately lacking in midfield.

Whenever I've seen him (and I'm sure that you have seen a lot more of his games than me ) he hasn't shown any pace or aggression - which are two qualities we are desperately lacking in midfield.

Yeah he's not quick or aggressive I'd say really but, he does shield/protect the ball really well and moves with it in a similar way to how Gomes did before his injury - with the added bonus of I think he is better than Gomes.

He wouldn't be my pick really and tbh I don't actually think it'll be anything more than paper talk but if we're wanting that type of midfielder it'd be for his ball-carrying ability, which really is what we need.

Rodrigo de Paul would be my pick of Serie A players, mind. Box-to-box, diminutive in his style but carries it well, can pick a pass and is a real threat with long shots/getting into the area.

We need athleticism in there, to take the strain off Doucoure, but also the player needs to be able to retain possession and have that ability to pick an incisive pass.

It's doable, especially if we sell Kean for £35-40m, to get that type of player in.

Seems to be some paper talk on Rabiot from Juve. 25 I think. Someone confirm if I should be excited about him as a potential signing?

Said before i don't think he is the answer to our midfield issues, others might though.

I haven’t seen enough of Raboit but playing for
Juve and France wouid say he’s pretty decent.
And would give us some left footed balance in the midfield.
Yeah he's not quick or aggressive I'd say really but, he does shield/protect the ball really well and moves with it in a similar way to how Gomes did before his injury - with the added bonus of I think he is better than Gomes.

He wouldn't be my pick really and tbh I don't actually think it'll be anything more than paper talk but if we're wanting that type of midfielder it'd be for his ball-carrying ability, which really is what we need.

Rodrigo de Paul would be my pick of Serie A players, mind. Box-to-box, diminutive in his style but carries it well, can pick a pass and is a real threat with long shots/getting into the area.

We need athleticism in there, to take the strain off Doucoure, but also the player needs to be able to retain possession and have that ability to pick an incisive pass.

It's doable, especially if we sell Kean for £35-40m, to get that type of player in.

He was brought into the PSG team by Ancelotti if i remember correectly.

On his day he's world class...i think his best position is midfield anchor and taking the ball from defence and either bringing it forward or playing fantastic balls around. He's great 'tactically' as well and is a potential star player if we get him.

However, he needs to be highly motivated and also seems to prefer playing in central midfield to the anchor role and isnt as good there imo.

I think if we signed him then it would mean Gomes and likely Sigurdsson are gone and we'd have him, Doucoure, Davies and Allan competing in the centre and possibly Gbamin.

I still think we'd need another centre mid though...

Another defender?
@MikelsGoat

We do need another centre back...if we want to play high or a 3 man defence

Like it or not, only Godfrey and holgate have the pace to play a high line and also seem to be able to play in a 3 CB system, possibly Mina and Branthwaite as well as they bring the ball out of defence.

Mancini is a really good centre back with power, pace, snide/aggression and can come out with the ball in 4 or 3 man defence.

Mancini counts Marco Materazzi as one of his footballing idols, and the reason he has preferred to wear the No. 23 during his career (doing so at both Perugia and Atalanta). He also has the number tattooed on his body.

Mancini on Materazzi...hes also got his same shirt number which he also has a tattoo of :eek:

“I always admired Marco’s character and fighting spirit,” Mancini has said. “He was one of those players who always looked you square in the eye even when things were going badly. He inspired his teammates, you could always tell that.”

Like it or not, only Godfrey and holgate have the pace to play a high line and also seem to be able to play in a 3 CB system, possibly Mina and Branthwaite as well as they bring the ball out of defence.

Mancini is a really good centre back with power, pace, snide/aggression and can come out with the ball in 4 or 3 man defence.

Mancini counts Marco Materazzi as one of his footballing idols, and the reason he has preferred to wear the No. 23 during his career (doing so at both Perugia and Atalanta). He also has the number tattooed on his body.

Mancini on Materazzi...hes also got his same shirt number which he also has a tattoo of :eek:

“I always admired Marco’s character and fighting spirit,” Mancini has said. “He was one of those players who always looked you square in the eye even when things were going badly. He inspired his teammates, you could always tell that.”
I wonder if Holgate would be available for sale if a decent offer came in.
there’s no way IMO at the start of the 22/23 season
Holgate & Godfrey will be our main 2 CB’s or Keane & Mina. I can actually see only 2 of that 4 still being at the club

We don't want to play high though nor do we want to play a 3 man backline. So we're covered at CB.

I wonder if Holgate would be available for sale if a decent offer came in.
there’s no way IMO at the start of the 22/23 season
Holgate & Godfrey will be our main 2 CB’s or Keane & Mina. I can actually see only 2 of that 4 still being at the club

Godfrey of course stays. Holgate can play multiple positions in defence so, like him or not hes an asset who looks good once he has a run of games.

Mina has 2 years on his deal so could be someone under threat, and my views on Keane at this point are obvious :p

We don't want to play high though nor do we want to play a 3 man backline. So we're covered at CB.

Just got off the phone with Ancelotti?

I don't even know if Holgate's much quicker than Mina you know. He's more mobile, 'nimbler' if you like, but I'm not sure he's actually much quicker once they get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.