Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To a point. 20-25m was a lot for Godfrey. They will have been promoted, and in a position of strength. Why would they want to let him go for less than his value?
They won't but what I'm saying is they tend to have a realistic understanding of value. They wouldn't ask 40m for Godfrey and they won't ask 50m for Buendia, imo.

To a point. 20-25m was a lot for Godfrey. They will have been promoted, and in a position of strength. Why would they want to let him go for less than his value?
They previously quoted Arsenal £50m which is crazy money and would be a massive no-no from me, i mean the other day they told Bayern that Aarrons is going to cost them £40m so i don't see Norwich letting any of their players go on the cheap imo. Another issue that would be of concern to me is that his disciplinary record is not great, already this season it's 6 yellow cards and 2 red cards.

Tbf if Bayern are paying 42m for Upamegarbo then I'd expect us to ask 40m for Coleman too. I imagine if that's real it comes in at about 30-35m which is fair if Bayern Munich want your 22 year old player.

They won't but what I'm saying is they tend to have a realistic understanding of value. They wouldn't ask 40m for Godfrey and they won't ask 50m for Buendia, imo.

I'm pretty sure they quoted 50m for Buendia, and wanted 50m for Godfrey but had to lower due to relegation. By all accounts Aarons is 30m+. How much do you see them wanting?

They previously quoted Arsenal £50m which is crazy money and would be a massive no-no from me, i mean the other day they told Bayern that Aarrons is going to cost them £40m so i don't see Norwich letting any of their players go on the cheap imo. Another issue that would be of concern to me is that his disciplinary record is not great, already this season it's 6 yellow cards and 2 red cards.

This is my point really. Everyone has their own view, but when I look at various stress tests that may mean clubs asks for less money (financial troubles, relegation, players on short term contract, TV deal broken down) Norwich really fill none of those. If they didn't get promoted it would at least open the possibility.

I'm pretty sure they quoted 50m for Buendia, and wanted 50m for Godfrey but had to lower due to relegation. By all accounts Aarons is 30m+. How much do you see them wanting?
I really don't think they'd be too upset to get about 30m for Buendia. They quoted Arsenal 50m in January when they're making a promotion push and most likely unable to replace him. I think that's different.

I really don't think they'd be too upset to get about 30m for Buendia. They quoted Arsenal 50m in January when they're making a promotion push and most likely unable to replace him. I think that's different.

Ok. So you think they will take 60% of what they quoted in January if they get promoted?

Don't be a moron.
I'm joking but let's be honest if they're shelling out 40m for a defender than wouldn't you ask 40m for your defender who is a similar age that you rate just as high? I don't see it with Aarons but to me that isn't an unreasonable demand in the circumstances.

I'm joking but let's be honest if they're shelling out 40m for a defender than wouldn't you ask 40m for your defender who is a similar age that you rate just as high? I don't see it with Aarons but to me that isn't an unreasonable demand in the circumstances.

But it's just proof that's the valuation Norwich are putting on their players and it'll be the same, if not higher, if they get promoted.

Ok. So you think they will take 60% of what they quoted in January if they get promoted?
I think that if Buendia wants to leave and offers are there they will be more receptive to making something happen than they were in January. I don't know that it'll happen but I really feel like he's going to push his way out because he wanted to before this season too. If he does they aren't going to play hardball as much as they look to replace him.

That's my guess. I just don't think clubs hold as many cards as they used to.

I'm not saying James and Allan aren't great players, they are, I'm saying that bringing them into a team that is multiple years of development away from competing when they're at an age where they may not have multiple years to be great still isn't the best idea. Allan's injuries are an illustration of that. Do you think as he gets past 30 his leg muscles will be more durable?

Godfrey has great potential but we concede more with him at CB than when he isn't. And I don't think he's a long term fullback either. So to me he's potential and nothing more for now. If we want to make our transfer policy about bringing in potential and developing it I'm here for it but that takes a commitment because players will not work out.

I don't think Doucoure is very good. Sorry.
But if you want to build a team over x amount of years. You don’t hire ancelotti.
it was always going to be like this for a few years, Moshiri wants to get up the table
Ad does ancelotti. I think we will sign one or two older players again this summer.

And you talk about the aggression not working. Well we started with supposedly 3 of our best technical footballers the other day and brought another one off the bench. And they couldn’t string a pass together. Roberto Martinez tried to turn us into Barcelona and look how that went. Unless you have 500mil to spend forget it. Liverpool won the league and are actually quite a direct team. They get it forward quickly and squeeze up the pitch and try and bombard the box with crosses.

Doucoure is a good player, not fantastic but he was what we needed , him and Allan. We were getting walked over every week
In midfield. I actually think Doucoure maybe moved on in 18/24 months at 29 when we may recoup some of our money.
If we have gone up another level

Status
Not open for further replies.