Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be an extremely dumb way to look at recruitment imo. Bernard isn't bad because he's short, he's bad because he isn't that good of a footballer.
Personally, much prefer player with height (not midget), physical presence with acceptable pace. Should not missing any of them if we sign new players.

Godfrey. Obviously still young but potential wise I think he’s got it. Digne, Allan, DCL james amd Richarlison. Again Richarlison hasn’t Been great and may move on this summer. But he’s a talented lad and we’ve seen it plenty of times.

And I wouid say Keane and Doucoure, while not being regulars. Are good enough to be part of the 15.

???
??? Mina Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan
James
??? DCL Richarlison

Id say those 8 could easily consistently start for a 'top 4 high performance' or 'effective' team.

Add in a few kids/home grown players such as Davies, Holgate, Onyango, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Kean and Gordon and we'd have a squad of 15 players.

We'd need 3 starters + 5 top level players to complete the squad.

I dont think were too far off...probably 2 summers time to have those players in.

As ive mentioned before, next summer we lose alot of our deadwood which frees up more wages...

Quite exciting.

I just think we need something different and where do you play him?
I'm not sure exactly but we aren't committed to a system so we could work it out. James is going to miss enough games that he will get plenty of chances in that RW spot he likes but I reckon he could have use elsewhere. Plus we need to find a replacement for James before his legs are completely gone.

You say we need something different but I still see a team that lacks people that move the ball up the pitch and create regular chances and he checks both of those boxes. Obviously we need more than just that but I do think he brings things we need.

Personally, much prefer player with height (not midget), physical presence with acceptable pace. Should not missing any of them if we sign new players.
I'm pretty sure City start the smallest attack in the league right now and they're laughing as they run away with the title. It's a silly generalization. It's about ability.

???
??? Mina Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan
James
??? DCL Richarlison

Id say those 8 could easily consistently start for a 'top 4 high performance' or 'effective' team.

Add in a few kids/home grown players such as Davies, Holgate, Onyango, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Kean and Gordon and we'd have a squad of 15 players.

We'd need 3 starters + 5 top level players to complete the squad.

I dont think were too far off...probably 2 summers time to have those players in.

As ive mentioned before, next summer we lose alot of our deadwood which frees up more wages...

Quite exciting.
Will Kean come back though?

I'm not sure exactly but we aren't committed to a system so we could work it out. James is going to miss enough games that he will get plenty of chances in that RW spot he likes but I reckon he could have use elsewhere. Plus we need to find a replacement for James before his legs are completely gone.

You say we need something different but I still see a team that lacks people that move the ball up the pitch and create regular chances and he checks both of those boxes. Obviously we need more than just that but I do think he brings things we need.
I don’t think we will be spending 50mil on a back up. Personally I don’t think he gets us up the pitch. Yes he may see a pass, but again I wouid rather pace and goals. This is the major problem for us, we haven’t got enough goal scorers. And that puts so much pressure on the team.

Obviously we wouid expect Richarlison to get double figures like his has the last 2 season. James playing off the right may also get close to 10 if he played all season. But the back up. Bernard & iwobi don’t score. Siggurdsson has only had one season when he scored goals. Apart from Doucoure,
Who has 2 or 3. Nobody else is scoring. If we are going to spend 40/50 mil on another attacking players he has to guarantee goals.

I'm pretty sure City start the smallest attack in the league right now and they're laughing as they run away with the title. It's a silly generalization. It's about ability.
It’s about having a billion pound squad. One of The greatest teams I’ve ever seen had messi, iniesta, xavi. Why we didn’t buy all 3 for 50mil I’ll never know.

I don’t think we will be spending 50mil on a back up. Personally I don’t think he gets us up the pitch. Yes he may see a pass, but again I wouid rather pace and goals. This is the major problem for us, we haven’t got enough goal scorers. And that puts so much pressure on the team.

Obviously we wouid expect Richarlison to get double figures like his has the last 2 season. James playing off the right may also get close to 10 if he played all season. But the back up. Bernard & iwobi don’t score. Siggurdsson has only had one season when he scored goals. Apart from Doucoure,
Who has 2 or 3. Nobody else is scoring. If we are going to spend 40/50 mil on another attacking players he has to guarantee goals.
Buendia isn't worth 50m so if that's the price I'm out on it. But I doubt he costs that. I think he will force his way out this summer if a club not at real risk of relegation wants him.

I personally don't think Buendia will ever have a 1 goal season again playing the same role. It's like Richarlison right now. Sometimes it just doesn't go in.

It’s about having a billion pound squad. One of The greatest teams I’ve ever seen had messi, iniesta, xavi. Why we didn’t buy all 3 for 50mil I’ll never know.
So you agree that we shouldn't right off a player because they aren't tall?

I mean our best midfield player right now is also the shortest. Our best midfield player before him was also on the smaller side.

Buendia isn't worth 50m so if that's the price I'm out on it. But I doubt he costs that. I think he will force his way out this summer if a club not at real risk of relegation wants him.

I personally don't think Buendia will ever have a 1 goal season again playing the same role. It's like Richarlison right now. Sometimes it just doesn't go in.

Theissue ith Buendia is, he will be at a well run club who will likely be getting promoted again. He is on a long contract. Essentially there will be no necessity to sell for Norwich, so they are just going to name their price and stick to it.

There will be better profiles of players available next summer.

If Norwich don't come up, maybe it will alert us as the price wil reduce. It does seem like Arsenal are favourites though.

Theissue ith Buendia is, he will be at a well run club who will likely be getting promoted again. He is on a long contract. Essentially there will be no necessity to sell for Norwich, so they are just going to name their price and stick to it.

There will be better profiles of players available next summer.

If Norwich don't come up, maybe it will alert us as the price wil reduce. It does seem like Arsenal are favourites though.
I think he could still put pressure on them to sell. I don't think it is as cut and dry a negotiation as that.

So you agree that we shouldn't right off a player because they aren't tall?

I mean our best midfield player right now is also the shortest. Our best midfield player before him was also on the smaller side.
I’m not saying every player has to be 6ft plus. But a good player who’s fast & powerful is going to be more effective than a slower player, who maybe better technically. In this league, IMO.
maybe different in Spain.

Take Mane, now I think he’s slightly overrated from a technical point of view, I’ve seen him play some really poor passes over the years in good positions, give away possession cheaply. Make wrong decisions. But he’s strong as anything an absolute handful, fast and can score. The total opposite of Bernard.
And mane is 5ft 9 ish?

Take the other night siggurdsson, Gomes and James. 3 of probably the slowest players in the league playing in the same game. Laughable.

Amd city can afford to have not just one but 4/5 50mil players sitting on the bench. We can’t do that. What ever happens this summer, just go and buy pace power aggression and hopefully goals. Wether it’s 2, 3 or 4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.