Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man said Dubravka and expects people not to believe its trolling.

images.jpeg

All of them are as good at worst.
Right, can you be crystal clear for me please. Are you saying:

1) They're all as good as Pickford when Pickford is at his worst;

or

2) At worst, they're all as good as Pickford?

The reason I ask is because version 2) simply isn't true and reason 1) is a reason NOT to buy any of them.

I must admit though, I like this twist in your ongoing narrative of attacking the better players in the squad. I thought I had you pegged when you went on your crusades against Doucoure and Godfrey, but by lumping Pickford in with them you've wrongfooted me. Bravo sir.

Right, can you be crystal clear for me please. Are you saying:

1) They're all as good as Pickford when Pickford is at his worst;

or

2) At worst, they're all as good as Pickford?

The reason I ask is because version 2) simply isn't true and reason 1) is a reason NOT to buy any of them.

I must admit though, I like this twist in your ongoing narrative of attacking the better players in the squad. I thought I had you pegged when you went on your crusades against Doucoure and Godfrey, but by lumping Pickford in with them you've wrongfooted me. Bravo sir.
The better players in the squad are 10th place players that we act are 4th place players. People get mad at me saying so.

Edit: I should add Godfrey and Doucoure are just bad. People rate a lot of our signings on blind optimism. They were always relegation standard. And surprise surprise we almost got relegated playing them

The better players in the squad are 10th place players that we act are 4th place players. People get mad at me saying so.
People get mad at you because you consistently talk fluffy yellow bobbins.

The better players in the squad may only be midtable standard at best (and I'd agree with you in respect of Doucoure and Godfrey, but disagree re Pickford Richi and DCL), but the fact remains they are the best players currently available to us in their respective positions and you constantly demand they be sold BEFORE shifting confirmed dross like Gomes and Keane. You appear to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a flawed and risky approach to building a squad.

Your individual dislike of specific players appears to overwhelm your ability to look at the squad as a whole, and in the context of our financial limitations. Wind the clock back to June 2020 and remind me who our starting midfield pair / trio was? They were horrific, and for much of the 2020/21 season our two new summer signings (Allan and Doucoure) were being talked about by Evertonians as contenders for player of the season (The club player of the season, I hasten to add - not the Prem!)

Latest in your firing line is Pickford, who apparently you feel is no better than a host of other prem keepers despite the fact that he basically kept us in the prem by having his best ever professional season.

Tedious.

People get mad at you because you consistently talk fluffy yellow bobbins.

The better players in the squad may only be midtable standard at best (and I'd agree with you in respect of Doucoure and Godfrey, but disagree re Pickford Richi and DCL), but the fact remains they are the best players currently available to us in their respective positions and you constantly demand they be sold BEFORE shifting confirmed dross like Gomes and Keane. You appear to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a flawed and risky approach to building a squad.

Your individual dislike of specific players appears to overwhelm your ability to look at the squad as a whole, and in the context of our financial limitations. Wind the clock back to June 2020 and remind me who our starting midfield pair / trio was? They were horrific, and for much of the 2020/21 season our two new summer signings (Allan and Doucoure) were being talked about by Evertonians as contenders for player of the season (The club player of the season, I hasten to add - not the Prem!)

Latest in your firing line is Pickford, who apparently you feel is no better than a host of other prem keepers despite the fact that he basically kept us in the prem by having his best ever professional season.

Tedious.
I don't think our midfield is better than it was at the end of 2020. And even if it is the outlay to get only a small bit better is horrendous.

Pickford is an average keeper. I'll die on that hill.

I don't see him spending any money, with this ownership malarkey going on. Will purely be sell to buy.
That might not be a bad thing. We have some amazing amount of junk to offload. Personally think Richarlison is going to leave. That should give us good spending.

Jose Sa.

There are others too. Areola, Fabianski, Dubravka I think was cheap. None are stand outs but that isn't my point at all. It's reasonable play at low prices. It's a lot harder to do that at striker or in the midfield.

Pickford is better than all of these. You massively overrate other keepers. I think you have this idea that there’s a load of really good solid dependable keepers at every team in the league who catch crosses, command their area, keep most shots out, and are good positionally. Then there’s some god tier keepers like Ederson Allison Mendy who do all of that but are great with their feet and are brilliant shot stoppers. Then there’s Pickford who doesn’t do any of this stuff but occasionally makes some decent saves.

The reality is that these other keepers in the prem are making a ton of errors every single game. The type we’d absolutely batter Pickford for. Getting beaten on the near post, letting shots squirm through them, diving over the ball, flying out with reckless punches, terrible positioning, kicking the ball to the opposition. This is just routine viewing on match of the day most weeks and you can talk to any fan of any none top 6 club and most think their keeper is one of the worst In the league because they just don’t watch the others.

As for those at the top, Ederson gets beaten by almost every shot he faces, Allison is terrible with his feet and gives the opposition pretty much one chance a game through shocking distribution, he’s also weak on the shot across the goal as he’s too slow to get down, Mendy is inconsistent and makes poor decisions in one on ones, he’s also dodgy with the ball at his feet. Lloris can throw a clanger any given game, De Gea likewise.

I know you don’t like Pickford but you massively overrate other goalkeepers. Areola is on West Ham’s bench behind Fabianski, neither are anywhere near Pickford ffs.

Pickford is better than all of these. You massively overrate other keepers. I think you have this idea that there’s a load of really good solid dependable keepers at every team in the league who catch crosses, command their area, keep most shots out, and are good positionally. Then there’s some god tier keepers like Ederson Allison Mendy who do all of that but are great with their feet and are brilliant shot stoppers. Then there’s Pickford who doesn’t do any of this stuff but occasionally makes some decent saves.

The reality is that these other keepers in the prem are making a ton of errors every single game. The type we’d absolutely batter Pickford for. Getting beaten on the near post, letting shots squirm through them, diving over the ball, flying out with reckless punches, terrible positioning, kicking the ball to the opposition. This is just routine viewing on match of the day most weeks and you can talk to any fan of any none top 6 club and most think their keeper is one of the worst In the league because they just don’t watch the others.

As for those at the top, Ederson gets beaten by almost every shot he faces, Allison is terrible with his feet and gives the opposition pretty much one chance a game through shocking distribution, he’s also weak on the shot across the goal as he’s too slow to get down, Mendy is inconsistent and makes poor decisions in one on ones, he’s also dodgy with the ball at his feet. Lloris can throw a clanger any given game, De Gea likewise.

I know you don’t like Pickford but you massively overrate other goalkeepers. Areola is on West Ham’s bench behind Fabianski, neither are anywhere near Pickford ffs.
I didn't read it all but it isn't about errors. I'll try later to get through it.

Ok I read it all. Pickford is still average. I never said the rest are perfect. Alisson De Gea and Lloris are the clear best keepers because they've been the best shot stoppers over the longest periods. The rest are all in and around Pickford. I prefer some because they are consistent even if they don't hit the stellar highs Pickford does. Maybe you feel different. But for me if you're saying Pickford is clear of that group you're going too far. To bring him up in the De Gea Lloris level conversation is just flar wrong.

Ok I read it all. Pickford is still average. I never said the rest are perfect. Alisson De Gea and Lloris are the clear best keepers because they've been the best shot stoppers over the longest periods. The rest are all in and around Pickford. I prefer some because they are consistent even if they don't hit the stellar highs Pickford does. Maybe you feel different. But for me if you're saying Pickford is clear of that group you're going too far. To bring him up in the De Gea Lloris level conversation is just flar wrong.
Da Gea is shocking mate

Status
Not open for further replies.