Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gavin Bazumu gone to Southampton for 12m today. Irish Independent has it that we made a formal enquiry, dithered and Southampton met City’s valuation instantly.

Good news by way of a sell on clause for Shamrock Rovers getting 2m of it if nothing else.
We’d struggle to drop £12m on anyone before we shift some players, let alone a backup keeper.

They lost 3 last season, maybe not there most talented. Though livremento did well at Southampton. This will happen more more and not just at Chelsea, kids will want to play or at least put down roots, not loan after loan
We did indeed loose 3. Livermento perhaps was considered to be the jewel but the irony was his pathway was well and truly blocked by Reece James . The deal Southampton got was an interesting one because they weren’t required to pay for him till 22/23 and we retain a buyback and sell on clauses.

Very very rarely will you find a young player aged around 20 who is well and truly PL ready even then some well do initially but struggle if they are exposed to the rigours of compete etc senior football too early.

The 5 sub rule will present greater opportunities for academy players to be integrated but even then it’s limited.

The majority of young players that get to say age 18 at PL academies have never really ever faced the prospect of not achieving at the top level loans therefore are considered part of that development path I personally can’t see that changing the trick is to pick carefully where the youngster goes and rather than just abandon them, as it’s rumoured the likes off Saliba at Arsenal has been treated, keep in contact with them and have them watched at most games .

Academies nowadays are far more than just training camps for youngsters they are educational hubs. The days of cleaning players boots , some would say sadly, no longer feature instead players things like financial management and presentation skills are part of the routine.

We’d struggle to drop £12m on anyone before we shift some players, let alone a backup keeper.
He is more likely to play in the first team at Saints then he is at us, so its a good move for both him & Southampton.

As a young up and coming goalkeeper, you dont come to a club that has Englands no.1 & current player of the year between the sticks.
Any enquiry would probably of been as a contingency plan incase any interest in Pickford turned out solid

E0DE1757-19BE-48BE-90EB-17EF792E31A7.jpeg

Ah yes, 30. That age when footballers apparently crumble into dust.

I think he works as hard as Richarlison and is arguably better technically. Agree his goal numbers aren’t great but he’s been playing in a team where they have two top goal scorers so I feel like he might weigh in with a couple more for us.

Yes, he’s older than Richy so the longevity isn’t there, but if we could get 2-3 years out of him at his current level while we get out from under the current FFP mess I don’t think that’s too prohibitive an issue.

Quite why I’m arguing so hard for it when it’s obviously not going to happen, I’m not sure. Preseason does funny things to people.
I’m not saying players at 30 crumble into dust, it’s more the point he’d want a 3yr deal at least. On wages no other clubs around the world could pay him. Apart from ones that wouldn’t be interested in him , so we’re basically stuck with him. The whole deal over 3 years could cost us 30mil, I think we could use that money better.

I can’t wait to see how villa try and get rid of, digne, ings and coutinho in 2 yrs

Gavin Bazumu gone to Southampton for 12m today. Irish Independent has it that we made a formal enquiry, dithered and Southampton met City’s valuation instantly.

Good news by way of a sell on clause for Shamrock Rovers getting 2m of it if nothing else.

Irish Times:

Everton made a formal enquiry with City but while they and other clubs mulled over their options, Southampton came forward with a willingness to meet a valuation.

So, nothing new there.

Irish Times:

Everton made a formal enquiry with City but while they and other clubs mulled over their options, Southampton came forward with a willingness to meet a valuation.

So, nothing new there.

Would have been good to bring him in, but goalkeeper is not our number 1 priority this year, and we don't have much money. Southampton need a new no.1, so makes sense he would go there.

I see Kevin 5 good games Kilbiane said he’d be our number 1 straight away ?

Would have been good to bring him in, but goalkeeper is not our number 1 priority this year, and we don't have much money. Southampton need a new no.1, so makes sense he would go there.

Our wonderful scouting system should have ensured we got him from Rovers. His value has now rocketed.

I’m not saying players at 30 crumble into dust, it’s more the point he’d want a 3yr deal at least. On wages no other clubs around the world could pay him. Apart from ones that wouldn’t be interested in him , so we’re basically stuck with him. The whole deal over 3 years could cost us 30mil, I think we could use that money better.

I can’t wait to see how villa try and get rid of, digne, ings and coutinho in 2 yrs
It's a gamble as all transfers are,he could do an ACL in pre-season and never contribute,or he could cut the dead ball goals we leak by more than fifty percent and stay injury free and in form for three years.

It's a gamble as all transfers are,he could do an ACL in pre-season and never contribute,or he could cut the dead ball goals we leak by more than fifty percent and stay injury free and in form for three years.
That doesn’t make sense

I suppose the fixtures mean that any potential permanent transfer dealings with Chelsea won't be completed until after the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.