Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not. He was the best keeper in the world for a stretch and got worse. So now instead of people seeing him as really solid they think he stinks because he's just not the best keeper in the world anymore.

Yeah but he ain't got a 90 rating on fifa anymore he's crap...

My daily routine:
0630. Wake up and check Everton transfer news in Echo which links us to Winks (again).
0645. Have coffee and get angry that I read Goodison News again after promising myself I would never waste any more of my life on it.
All day. Thinking Everton are going to sign someone but in my heart I know nothing is happening.
Bedtime. Pleased Winks hasn't signed today but wish we sold Gomes, Keane, Kean, Davies, Mina and look forward to an exciting news day tomorrow.
All night. Thinking we will have roughly the same team that were so bad last season.

I bloody love football.

We’ve already spent money. A free transfer isn’t actually free
There is no transfer fee. Yes there is a wage cost, but that's offset by the players we have already offloaded. Delph alone was on bigger wages than Tarkowski. Anyhow, my point was, I cant see us spending money on transfer fees to actually buy players. I expect it will be free transfers or loans for us this window. Still a few players to move on, but non with any real value other than Picks, Dom and Richey, all of which we'd be better off keeping.

My daily routine:
0630. Wake up and check Everton transfer news in Echo which links us to Winks (again).
0645. Have coffee and get angry that I read Goodison News again after promising myself I would never waste any more of my life on it.
All day. Thinking Everton are going to sign someone but in my heart I know nothing is happening.
Bedtime. Pleased Winks hasn't signed today but wish we sold Gomes, Keane, Kean, Davies, Mina and look forward to an exciting news day tomorrow.
All night. Thinking we will have roughly the same team that were so bad last season.

I bloody love football.
The window has been open a week, chief. Give your face a mop.

There is no transfer fee. Yes there is a wage cost, but that's offset by the players we have already offloaded. Delph alone was on bigger wages than Tarkowski. Anyhow, my point was, I cant see us spending money on transfer fees to actually buy players. I expect it will be free transfers or loans for us this window. Still a few players to move on, but non with any real value other than Picks, Dom and Richey, all of which we'd be better off keeping.
Most players signed on a “ free” not only receive a signing on fee which of course features in wages but often those leaches ( aka agents) make quite a killing facilitating deals those costs I believe are amortised over the contract period, just like fees.

The better players in the squad are 10th place players that we act are 4th place players. People get mad at me saying so.

Edit: I should add Godfrey and Doucoure are just bad. People rate a lot of our signings on blind optimism. They were always relegation standard. And surprise surprise we almost got relegated playing them
That's wrong though. Most of the squad literally finished 10th a year ago. Meaning that the better players were dragged down to 10th by the crap we have, and likewise the crap dragged up. The difference last year, we didn't have a top tier manager to get more out of the crap.

You talk about some of the other keepers like Ederson and mendy. It's hardly a surprise that they look better when they have defenders who can actually defend in front of them. Imagine playing behind Keane, Coleman and Kenny and the amount of mistakes they make in the 6 yard box.

Pickford is better than all of these. You massively overrate other keepers. I think you have this idea that there’s a load of really good solid dependable keepers at every team in the league who catch crosses, command their area, keep most shots out, and are good positionally. Then there’s some god tier keepers like Ederson Allison Mendy who do all of that but are great with their feet and are brilliant shot stoppers. Then there’s Pickford who doesn’t do any of this stuff but occasionally makes some decent saves.

The reality is that these other keepers in the prem are making a ton of errors every single game. The type we’d absolutely batter Pickford for. Getting beaten on the near post, letting shots squirm through them, diving over the ball, flying out with reckless punches, terrible positioning, kicking the ball to the opposition. This is just routine viewing on match of the day most weeks and you can talk to any fan of any none top 6 club and most think their keeper is one of the worst In the league because they just don’t watch the others.

As for those at the top, Ederson gets beaten by almost every shot he faces, Allison is terrible with his feet and gives the opposition pretty much one chance a game through shocking distribution, he’s also weak on the shot across the goal as he’s too slow to get down, Mendy is inconsistent and makes poor decisions in one on ones, he’s also dodgy with the ball at his feet. Lloris can throw a clanger any given game, De Gea likewise.

I know you don’t like Pickford but you massively overrate other goalkeepers. Areola is on West Ham’s bench behind Fabianski, neither are anywhere near Pickford ffs.
Keepers at top 6 clubs get tonnes of praise but they have vastly different roles to keepers in the bottom 6. They actually have good defenders in front of them who don't allow runners to stroll into 6 yard box. And don't repeatedly score own goals.

The negative hype around pickford is blown up massively because he is England's number 1. Other fans bang on about how crap he is etc, but he has never once let England down. But the media are on him all the time.

Liverpool have finished their summer spending already 6 days after the window opened

Must be nice to be organised
You can go and support them if they're so good ? Cmon dude, we're in a dire mess. No money and "supposed" takeover on cards plus BMD. Look at Spurs before new ground they barely added to squad. And we've got one in, some clubs done nothing as far as we know ! Chill.

The better players in the squad are 10th place players that we act are 4th place players. People get mad at me saying so.

Edit: I should add Godfrey and Doucoure are just bad. People rate a lot of our signings on blind optimism. They were always relegation standard. And surprise surprise we almost got relegated playing them

I think theres a bit of a contradiction there though mate. Firstly in saying we are a 10th placed squad, but also saying we are a relegation squad. Those two things are quite different.

We are probably a 10th place squad, built on a 7th/8th placed budget who if they have a nightmare season where everything goes wrong can be 16th.

We had the worst injuries in the league last season. If we had just average levels of injuries, so Mina, DCL etc fit a lot more, we probably get 7 or 8 points more and finished 11th/12th. And that's still with an enormous amount going wrong. That's more the floor level.

I think theres a bit of a contradiction there though mate. Firstly in saying we are a 10th placed squad, but also saying we are a relegation squad. Those two things are quite different.

We are probably a 10th place squad, built on a 7th/8th placed budget who if they have a nightmare season where everything goes wrong can be 16th.

We had the worst injuries in the league last season. If we had just average levels of injuries, so Mina, DCL etc fit a lot more, we probably get 7 or 8 points more and finished 11th/12th. And that's still with an enormous amount going wrong. That's more the floor level.
Not sure I read any contradiction.

The post suggested that Godfrey and Doucare were relegation standard not the whole of your squad.

As for your squad probably being a 10th place squad sorry that was just not the case. As they say the table doesn’t lie. As for being on 7th highest wages that may be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.