Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Thelwell rebuild wolves although they did have that mendes was it to give them loads of players.
I’d be hoping Thelwell looks outside of England. Been our problem for years
Gomes, Digne, Mina, Allen, Gbamin, Tosun, Kean, Nkuneku, Sidibe, Bernard, Klassenn, Vlasic, Sandro….. more misses than hits when we go looking overseas…..

….looking at his CV, I don’t like that he was on loan at Lincoln City last season. If he was a true talent surely Forest would’ve wanted him themselves.

It raises a question mark for me.
In all fairness I think that's just a case of Chris Hughton not trusting youngsters. Read an article today that said Chris Hughton didn't think he was ready for the Championship whereas Cooper elevated him to the first team straight away.

Can't comment myself as have never seen him play but that's what I read today

….looking at his CV, I don’t like that he was on loan at Lincoln City last season. If he was a true talent surely Forest would’ve wanted him themselves.

It raises a question mark for me.
Don't think it means too much, as an example Norwich loaned out James Maddison to Coventry City at the same age.

Thing is, I think his numbers are similar to Gray before he moved to Leicester and he's a year? older?

In isolation not impressed, wasn't really anything he did all game that made me think that right now he's a 20m+ player

Think his numbers are way better than Grays numbers to be honest mate, albeit he is a bit older.

As you say though, it's a big step up.

One thing I will say for Lewis Potter, is that he seems to score a lot of "scruffy" goals where he gets himself in the right positions between tbe posts. He doesnt look a player who had to rely on going past players easily to make an impact on a game.

More broadly, what I think Johnsons performance shows, is the importance of getting some experience in too. If as I suspect 2 of Gray, Richarlison & DCL leave, we will be losing experienced, pretty consistent players at PL level. That's fine to take a bit of a punt on 1 or 2 younger players, but we cant also be a soft touch at the back and lack leadership.

I'm not really a big pessimist in terms of relegation. Think last season was like a perfect storm of almost everything going wrong- world class manager leaving out of the blue, unpopular manager being appointed and ripping up structure, speight of injuries in all areas, new inexperienced manager only being appointed a day before games re-commenced and then a number of poor VAR decisions. I'm not sure we will ever get a season where they all go wrong again. And we still got 39 points in a league where typically 29-35 keeps you safe.

However, if we lose experienced players, and just add kids, we could very easily get sucked in again. Think if we can get a Tarkwoski and experience DM in, it probably puts a floor of 45 points on where we can finish, which is the most important thing.

Did Gueye commit some sort of crime, or did he just decline to wear a shirt made by Bungle, Zippy and George? Since when did it become okay to force people into wearing someone else’s clothes? Last time I checked, there was no law forcing people to wear other people’s clothes.
He literally wears a designated kit every game of his professional career.

Our fans need to get over the obsession with yoof. Johnson is the pick of the bunch and he still has some developing to do.

The others I wouldn't be spending £20-30 millions on to be loaning out to get regular football.

Go get Cornet.
You DO realize that the "obsession with yoof" is because we are absolutely fecked due to our transfer policy of buying players and letting literally 90% of them walk away with no transfer fee or anything, right? Who is more likely for us to get a fee for, a Fabian Delph or a Godfrey?

Think his numbers are way better than Grays numbers to be honest mate, albeit he is a bit older.

As you say though, it's a big step up.

One thing I will say for Lewis Potter, is that he seems to score a lot of "scruffy" goals where he gets himself in the right positions between tbe posts. He doesnt look a player who had to rely on going past players easily to make an impact on a game.

More broadly, what I think Johnsons performance shows, is the importance of getting some experience in too. If as I suspect 2 of Gray, Richarlison & DCL leave, we will be losing experienced, pretty consistent players at PL level. That's fine to take a bit of a punt on 1 or 2 younger players, but we cant also be a soft touch at the back and lack leadership.

I'm not really a big pessimist in terms of relegation. Think last season was like a perfect storm of almost everything going wrong- world class manager leaving out of the blue, unpopular manager being appointed and ripping up structure, speight of injuries in all areas, new inexperienced manager only being appointed a day before games re-commenced and then a number of poor VAR decisions. I'm not sure we will ever get a season where they all go wrong again. And we still got 39 points in a league where typically 29-35 keeps you safe.

However, if we lose experienced players, and just add kids, we could very easily get sucked in again. Think if we can get a Tarkwoski and experience DM in, it probably puts a floor of 45 points on where we can finish, which is the most important thing.

Think I like about lewis potter is he's only a small lad yet scores a fair few headers, tends to show a bit of a knowing where the space is thing that Cahill also had, footballing intelligence can't be taught.

Over him and Johnson I'd take him even though on pure stats Johnson comes out ahead atm

You DO realize that the "obsession with yoof" is because we are absolutely fecked due to our transfer policy of buying players and letting literally 90% of them walk away with no transfer fee or anything, right? Who is more likely for us to get a fee for, a Fabian Delph or a Godfrey?

Youre using an ancient cripple as an example as to why a bang average player like Godfrey has been worthwhile spending money on (which he hasn't imo).

I dont want us signing a load of 30 year olds but the reality is the side is lacking greatly in leadership and players in their prime and if Lampard is to keep his job and build foundations he'll need a few ready made additions to push us on in the short to medium term.

Patterson: 20
Gordon: 21
Mykolenko: 23
DCL: 25
Richarlison: 25

5 of our starting 11 next season are 25 and under. We shouldn't be spending large sums of money on young players unless they are of the quality to slot into the first team next season and produce.

Out of the Championship players linked only Johnson stands out as a player capable of that imo. Spence/Colwill we do not need we need experience at the back.

Nonsense that like.

You've used an ancient cripple as an example as to why a bang average player like Godfrey has been worthwhile spending money on.

I dont want us signing a load of 30 year olds but the reality is the side is lacking greatly in leadership and players in their prime.

Patterson: 20
Gordon: 21
Mykolenko: 23
DCL: 25
Richarlison: 25

5 of our starting 11 next season are 25 and under. We shouldn't be spending large sums of money on young players unless they are of the quality to slot into the first team next season and produce.

Out of the Championship players linked only Johnson stands out as a player capable of that imo. Spence/Colwill we do not need we need experience at the back.
Uhh....you sure about that?

Think I like about lewis potter is he's only a small lad yet scores a fair few headers, tends to show a bit of a knowing where the space is thing that Cahill also had, footballing intelligence can't be taught.

Over him and Johnson I'd take him even though on pure stats Johnson comes out ahead atm
Johnson is probably the slightly more finished article at the moment but over the longer term KLP will be the better player imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.