Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree. We can't be taking chances because we have limited wiggle room. Players in need to do a job straight away, the likes of Cornet and Tarkowski fit that criteria

Exactly - clubs like Spurs/Arsenal/Leicester even WHU can afford to drop £20 millions on Spence or Colwill and loan them out for 1-2 seasons to see if they can develop and make the grade our team is crap and just avoided relegation.

We need 4-5 first teamers who can slot in considering we already have yoof like Patterson, Gordon and Mykolenko in the 1st team picture still developing.

Worrall / Spence looked like they had major weaknesses to me.

Johnson marshalled out the game by Colwill.

Garner looked good imo. May be able to join from United and be trained as a DM.

If Forest/Chelsea/United are open to offers id take those 3.
I'd go for Colwill and Lewis-Potter

…I was disappointed with Worrall too, he got skinned a few times in the first half by the winger and look laboured in a foot race.

Exactly - clubs like Spurs/Arsenal/Leicester even WHU can afford to drop £20 millions on Spence or Colwill and loan them out for 1-2 seasons to see if they can develop and make the grade our team is crap and just avoided relegation.

We need 4-5 first teamers who can slot in considering we already have yoof like Patterson, Gordon and Mykolenko in the 1st team picture still developing.

Why the hell would we loan them out? They’ve already been playing in the Championship?

I'm all for some youth if we're talking 5/10mil max but some of the figures being thrown around are insane for a club in our position, needing to tread water for a couple of seasons financially and just stay away from relegation in that time.

I’d forget about Garner it’s highly unlikely he would ever join Everton , unless he had no other viable options.

…I was disappointed with Worrall too, he got skinned a few times in the first half by the winger and look laboured in a foot race.
He was poor in the farmers league up here, will be butchered week in week out in premier league.
I like Forest but that side needs a lot of work if its not to finish bottom next season.

And?

Dwight Gayle and Mitrovic score 30 goals in that division.

The step up is massive.

So would your plan be to loan a £20m player to a fellow Premier League team that we may well be battling relegation against next season?

The players in question would walk straight into our team, we’re already full of players not good enough for the Premier League.

So would your plan be to loan a £20m player to a fellow Premier League team that we may well be battling relegation against next season?

The players in question would walk straight into our team, we’re already full of players not good enough for the Premier League.

Thats debatable and if they aint good enough yet to play week in week out we lose games, fans turn on the manager, the owner fires the bullet and its back to square one.

We aint a fanbase that will accept being a farmer club we ultimately want results.

Status
Not open for further replies.