Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I would rather sign 2 players for £15m each, than 1 for £30m. Mainly because of the risk factor. If we sign 2 for £15m and neither of them work out, we could probably resell them for close to their value. But let’s say one of the strikers gets 15 goals in a season, they suddenly become a £50m player. If we sign 1 player for £30m, and they don’t work out, we would probably lose half their value after 1 season and we could be stuck with them on high wages. Look at the current squad, we have a few players like that.
I’m with you I’d rather have 2 £15m players we need depth right now and their is players out there for that price

I disagree. I would rather sign 2 players for £15m each, than 1 for £30m. Mainly because of the risk factor. If we sign 2 for £15m and neither of them work out, we could probably resell them for close to their value. But let’s say one of the strikers gets 15 goals in a season, they suddenly become a £50m player. If we sign 1 player for £30m, and they don’t work out, we would probably lose half their value after 1 season and we could be stuck with them on high wages. Look at the current squad, we have a few players like that.
Yeah, I understand the financial reasoning and in a better situation with enough quality already here I’d agree from an investment point of view. But we have to balance that against the enormous cost of relegation if we don’t bring in some quality right here right now, cos that’s where we are.

Wolves were looking pretty shaky and being touted as potential relegation candidates and have brought in Nunes and Guedes. Guys like Guirassy and Ben Brereton Díaz do not come close to keeping pace with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.