Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s that figure, then it’s probably doable, if we sell Gordon. I think they may want more than that though. Personally I think if we have £30m to spend we would be better to spend that on Guirassy and Brereton Diaz. Guirassy is supposed to be available for £14m and Diaz has 1 year left on his contract Blackburn have turned down a bid of £10m, but I’m sure will sell for closer to £15m before he goes on a free next summer.
This is the issue we have if / when we get some money: how thin to spread it when we lack both bodies and quality.

Personally I think we have to go for quality over quantity- a 30m player can greatly improve us, spread across a couple of 15m signings I’m not sure we get sufficiently better. 10-15 certainly doesn’t get you guaranteed Premier League quality at the moment.

Look at what Wolves have brought through the door in the last week, that’s the sort of calibre of player that moves you up the table. We need one or ideally two players of proper quality, even if it means then having to use loans or frees like Januzac to flesh things out.

I remember he was billed as United's Ross Barkley when they were both emerging talents.

I think the comparison between the two still holds.

So no thanks.
He looked class when he first broke into the first team but he lost him way very quick watched him a few times throughout his career as I liked him and it’s a no thanks for me too.

Correct.... damn.

Better back up than Lonergan and Begovic, not sure why Lonergan is still here, I think I`d prefer to have a youngster as No.3
So is Ben foster is he still available? Would probably only get another season out of him before he hangs his gloves up but if begovic was to go would be an option until virginia is back.

So is Ben foster is he still available? Would probably only get another season out of him before he hangs his gloves up but if begovic was to go would be an option until virginia is back.
I doubt at 39, Ben Foster would be prepared to sit on the bench for his final year or two

This is the issue we have if / when we get some money: how thin to spread it when we lack both bodies and quality.

Personally I think we have to go for quality over quantity- a 30m player can greatly improve us, spread across a couple of 15m signings I’m not sure we get sufficiently better. 10-15 certainly doesn’t get you guaranteed Premier League quality at the moment.

Look at what Wolves have brought through the door in the last week, that’s the sort of calibre of player that moves you up the table. We need one or ideally two players of proper quality, even if it means then having to use loans or frees like Januzac to flesh things out.

I disagree. I would rather sign 2 players for £15m each, than 1 for £30m. Mainly because of the risk factor. If we sign 2 for £15m and neither of them work out, we could probably resell them for close to their value. But let’s say one of the strikers gets 15 goals in a season, they suddenly become a £50m player. If we sign 1 player for £30m, and they don’t work out, we would probably lose half their value after 1 season and we could be stuck with them on high wages. Look at the current squad, we have a few players like that.

Foster was statistically the worst keeper last season

From 120 shots faced he only saved 68 for a save % of 56.7

You may say that’s because he played for Watford. However there are 12 keepers that faced more shots than he did and still had a better save % and more clean sheets

https://scores.nbcsports.com/epl/player_leaders.asp?category=107

Status
Not open for further replies.