Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lol

He's not even a striker FFS!

People were saying the other day in regards to the Gordon deal, if we were after a player at his level for that price would you be happy, the answer was overwhelmingly no. This is that player. What in Christ's name was the club thinking trying to match a bid on a player who's had one decent season in the Championship for possibly £45m.

It's a good thing swearing is banned on here I tell you...

People were saying the other day in regards to the Gordon deal, if we were after a player at his level for that price would you be happy, the answer was overwhelmingly no. This is that player. What in Christ's name was the club thinking trying to match a bid on a player who's had one decent season in the Championship for possibly £45m.

It's a good thing swearing is banned on here I tell you...

What happens if he becomes another James Maddison though?

Same fans would be crying we never sign that type of young prospect and all we do is spend £20+ millions on over the hill players like Allan and Siggurdsson.

What happens if he becomes another James Maddison though?

Same fans would be crying we never sign that type of young prospect and all we do is spend £20+ millions on over the hill players like Allan and Siggurdsson.
That's a big if though, I would rather us stay away from paying big money on just potential. We've done it with Onana this summer but I wouldn't want a team made of up of them, targetting good and proven roughly 25+ year olds along with young players to grow alongside them should be what we're looking at. With all that being said this lad might become the next James Maddison, Gordon might become the next Raheem Sterling, if they do they *might* justify their fees but I frankly think it's with almost 90% certainty that they don't.

Chelsea buying Gordon to get that 10% I can kind of understand, Forest buying this lad for that 10% chance is madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.