Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gordon DCL Richy

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Onana Iwobi
McNeil DCL Gordon

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom but we have clearly strengthened our strongest XI in general and more so when a new forward arrives.
If the 25m we tried to spend on MGW is money that’s there now and not the Gordon money I feel a little bit more optimistic because that can hopefully go get one quality forward to flesh that out- with the option of an even bigger shakeup if we accept an offer for Gordon.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gordon DCL Richy

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Onana Iwobi
McNeil DCL Gordon

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom but we have clearly strengthened our strongest XI in general and more so when a new forward arrives.
Definitely, you could also effectively put Patterson in as a new signing for this summer too given he didn't play at all outside of 45 minutes in a cup game. The next one will be Gana and he'd probably replace Iwobi too, so that's another. Then if Gordon is sold we'll almost certainly replace him with someone who's probably immediately better than he is at this moment, as well as buying a striker, although probably not someone that'll 100% replace DCL.

Visually like you've put it here is a fantastic way to look at it. Means that Pickford, Holgate, Myko and DCL will likely be the only remains of the best XI last season, which is something that we'd have all been delighted with by the end of last season.

That's a big if though, I would rather us stay away from paying big money on just potential. We've done it with Onana this summer but I wouldn't want a team made of up of them, targetting good and proven roughly 25+ year olds along with young players to grow alongside them should be what we're looking at. With all that being said this lad might become the next James Maddison, Gordon might become the next Raheem Sterling, if they do they *might* justify their fees but I frankly think it's with almost 90% certainty that they don't.

Chelsea buying Gordon to get that 10% I can kind of understand, Forest buying this lad for that 10% chance is madness.

I get what you're saying mate but no matter what the club does someone moans so they cant win really can they?

The last few years have been signing 28+ year olds and fans have moaned over no sell on value

We target young exciting prospects and the same fans moan its risky and we need more proven players

Same with Gordon - fans want us to sell younger players for big profits to keep the accounts healthy and do moneyball

Same fans then moan if we contemplate selling any younger players like Gordon for big fees and call us a selling club etc.

Why dont we just let the DOF & Manager build what they're trying to build and if goes tits up then fair enough but there is just zero trust from the fans no matter what we do and its getting to the point in my opinion where the club can never progress because its constant crisis soon as we lose a game, soon as we miss out on a signing or sign someone who isn't flavour of the month.

@Saint Domingo

Definitely, you could also effectively put Patterson in as a new signing for this summer too given he didn't play at all outside of 45 minutes in a cup game. The next one will be Gana and he'd probably replace Iwobi too, so that's another. Then if Gordon is sold we'll almost certainly replace him with someone who's probably immediately better than he is at this moment, as well as buying a striker, although probably not someone that'll 100% replace DCL.

Visually like you've put it here is a fantastic way to look at it. Means that Pickford, Holgate, Myko and DCL will likely be the only remains of the best XI last season, which is something that we'd have all been delighted with by the end of last season.
Why would you take iwobi out he’s our best player at the min if gana comes in he needs to be in the middle with iwobi and onana

Would rather the club went for elmas who was linked yesterday wqs just far too much money on gibbs white. Then with the links to sarr aswell who is meant to be 25 mill, just worried the links to cf has gone quiet thought the club would have had one done by now

Positive if we’ve got £25M to offer up front. Does the desperate attempt to get MGW mean that Lampard has resigned to no Gallagher? Similar players…

Maybe a back up striker (Adams or Maupay) and then an attacking midfielder who can also cover the wider forward roles might still be on the cards…

Thing is though you take Richy and Dom out where are the goals?
It is not like they scored a lot of goals last season. 15 between them. Five of those were penalties and additional four came from set pieces. Give him 90 minutes every match, and I am sure Rondon can match the 6 goals from open play we got from DCL and Richarlison last season.

It never makes sense to compare like for like. If Everton improve their defence and midfield, they can improve on last seasons results without scoring more goals. An improved defence and midfield will also create more goalscoring opportunities, which should mean more goals regardless of who is playing.

Expensive gamble...but they are doing more than enough to at least have a squad capable of staying comfortably in the premier league.
I think we also need to focus on Forest is another club unlikely to finish below us this season, hard to find 3 worse clubs/teams so far, if there isn`t we wont be so lucky this season.

I think we are well in the scrap this season, I`ve not seen anything to suggest we will not be. We saw how hard it was to turnaround a losing team, at least last season we had the points in the bag from a good start.... Gonna be another long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.