Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they have a target and a deal lined up but that can't happen until the selling club has a replacement sorted.

It's not as simple as just signing who we want, it's a chain of sales that usually has to happen.

If we couldnt get the target by last Sat then we should have moved on. We are just throwing these early games away

That Gyokeres is a signing we really can get behind to be honest.

If we can get him in for like £8m, he’s proven he can score in the Championship, so even if he he does flop, someone will take him off our hands.

It’s smart business, If the fee is right.

I watched the Coventry game on sky the other day and he was good. Whether he can step up, I have no idea, but he certainly looked no worse than our current available options. It was a proper finish for his goal as well.

I'm all about these type of signings, I consider them quite low risk.

Sign a proven championship striker for 10-15m and if he flops you'll easily be able to get half of that back.

Signings the likes of tosun you struggle to get anything back because Turkish teams are skint dogs and won't pay anything for him.

We've done well from the championship over the years as well.

and as to his abilty 20/21 we took him on loan, and had no idea why we then signed him as was bang average
Strengthened up and was often unplayable including against teams like southampton / fulham etc who couldnt handle him
his weaknesses - he is not great in the air, and can miss a lot of chances - but he creates most of those for himself . Get the ball to him in the final 30, and he will create a shot from that . Watch his goal v sunderland, very typical not an exception

that is the reason the o hare sale didnt go through to burnley (before injury) - we need cash now, not tomorrow - particularly as our pitch currently resembles a sandy car park - so no idea when we will next play at home
I'll be honest mate, if what you're saying is true - then he's being linked with us to try to drum up interest from someone else into bidding - money isn't an issue for us - the regulations are which we are working around by back loading up payments - McNeil for example the more reliable sources reckon only 4.5m we paid up front the rest staggered over a few seasons - we where offering 4-5m for cornet more than his release fee as we wanted to pay it next season and nothing this etc

Depends mate, I don't see the point bringing any player into the club whose not good enough, don't think this lad is, he looks very much a typical okay Championship level striker. Already 24 so likelihood is not gonna suddenly develop by a massive amount over what he is now which looks limited, and the reason Brighton let him go.

Rumours are 12-15m I've seen which is a huge waste

Hasn’t seen that price but yeah not sure id go for that. Surely we could put £10m down for Broja and £5m a season over 4/5 years and adds ons if he scores a certain amount and even a sell on fee/buyback clause too

Status
Not open for further replies.