Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely today we need more news on that striker coming in otherwise it is either Gordon or Rondon to lead the line at the Villa.
Almost certainly will be for the Villa game mate. All the links have been young players too so not really fair to throw them into a starting line up with only two days training with their new team regardless.

Just a lot better out there for me mate, I'm hoping we stay clear of the 'hes a bit like DCL' types.

We need a player different to him, I don't see the point of signing someone who is entirely an inferior version of him

…unless the intention is to bring in 2 strikers. One who is a genuine alternative to DCL (especially if able to play across the front line) and one who is an effective back-up to both.

Think you have taken another snare on your success rate with Vlasic being binned by West Ham for less than half of the purchase price after a year or two (can’t remember)

Seem to remember you thought he may have been the second coming ?
I show that we doubled our money on that one and attached a 25% sell-on that eventually tripled the investment. Sounds like good business to me even if the player didn't work out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.