Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll up, roll up, Nymo going to fix the window. Let's shift Richy for £60-70m, Kean for £25 then reinvest. The below players, bar like 2-3, would be cheap as chips to get and fill up lots of vacant places where I think from the faux lineup we need about 6 signings:

CB
Moussa Niakhate (Mainz) - Heavily linked with Forest but they won't stump up £13m release clause.
Boubakar Kouyate (Metz) - Highly rated and just relegated with Metz so would be a snip compared to his £15m value in January.
Calvin Bassey (Rangers) - Expensive but left-footed and a beast. Last rumour was £25m.
Josip Sutalo (Dinamo Zagreb) - Almost as highly rated as Gvardiol who went for £15m so somewhere around/under that.
Eiran Cashin (Derby) - Available on a free.

Backup LB
Lee Buchanan (Derby) - Available on a free.
Destiny Udogie (Udinese) - Possibly a bit too attacking but another beast.
(I am of the opinion Nkounkou should be given the role though)

CDM
Ladislav Krejci (Sparta Prague) - Just sold their star player for £12m so somewhere under that. Reminds me of Matic when he was good.
Amadou Onana (Lille) - He's 6'5" need I say more?
Lucas Gourna (Saint-Etienne) - Might get ripped off and very young but Kante comparisons already.
James Garner (Man U) - Bit different to the others, maybe in the CM role and maybe a loan but seems decent.
Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord) - Wildcard pick from only a few viewings in the Conference League but gets around the pitch and looks a nuisance.

CM
Alex Scott (Bristol City) - Might get ripped off because he's English but great all round midfielder.
Enzo Le Fee (Lorient) - Tenacious and a passing master, average French side so won't be expensive. Linked away.
Nico Seiwald (RB Salzburg) - Most expensive on the list but baller. Last rumour was €20m.
Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield) - Linked last Summer to Leeds for under £10m and now failed to get promoted so price won't be any different.
Abdou Harroui (Sassuolo) - Bit of a random one but I've enjoyed watching him play - does a bit of everything.
Jason Knight (Derby) - 12 months left on contract, snip for a few mill.

Winger (Either Side)
Ludovic Blas (Nantes) - Forever linked away from Nantes, peach of a left foot, very tricky. £17m last rumour.
Bryan Gil (Spurs) - One of the few classic wingers in world football now, available for loan, could be an easy one with Richy deal.
Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull) - Surely ends up going for around £15m in the end; looks a top finisher and can play 3 positions.
Ruben Vargas (Augsburg) - Great on both sides, decent delivery. Maybe under £15m? German sides don't really sell high.
Liel Abada (Celtic) - One I've seen least of but always looks to be in the right place to score. Last rumour was £17m.

Backup ST (Physical Option)
Terem Moffi (Lorient) - Strong, fast, left footed, bit of a maverick, cheap.
Mohamed Bayo (Clermont Foot) - See above but a righty. Last rumour was €10-12m.
Elijah Adebayo (Luton) - Battering ram, decent in the Championship, failed to get promotion. Maybe not for sale according to manager's quotes.
Erik Shuranov (Nuremberg) - Least experienced but always looked good for Germany U21's. Would be a project.

View attachment 171673

@Zatara I linked Onana here when I fixed our window. Interestingly enough I’ve kept track of this list since almost all of them have been snapped up this Summer. I must be doing something right.

@Zatara I linked Onana here when I fixed our window. Interestingly enough I’ve kept track of this list since almost all of them have been snapped up this Summer. I must be doing something right.
I remember you putting Onana into a fake lineup 4-6 weeks ago because I can remember saying ‘I’m all for creativity but playing the Ajax keeper in midfield is bold’ so fair play for picking that one out!

Before DCL’s injury didn’t like the rumours of we signing Batshuayi on loan but I have change my mind. Maybe it was hes lack of commitment that bothered me.
But the fact he is still a Belgian international so there all the reason he would highly motivated to play for us. DCL might not get up to speed until the WC break so Batman could be very good replacement.

Before DCL’s injury didn’t like the rumours of we signing Batshuayi on loan but I have change my mind. Maybe it was hes lack of commitment that bothered me.
But the fact he is still a Belgian international so there all the reason he would highly motivated to play for us. DCL might not get up to speed until the WC break so Batman could be very good replacement.
Tbh mate, Looking at Rondon being our only other 'recognised' (and that's being said in the loosest of terms) striker, We could buy a wardrobe and it would be an improvement. I would deffo have Batshuayi....lost his way..... a lot, Still anything is an improvement on Rondon.

Frank is clearly set upon playing 5 at the back and I think we now have the players to do so.

Given that, I'd like us to play 3 in midfield and a combo of Gana , Onana , Iwobi , Doucoure, Gordon and McNeil would be fine.

That leaves 2 up top. Sadly, I don't think we can rely on Alli in any shape or form.
So, I'd like to see us sign 2 young strikers perhaps one on loan and one in a permanent deal.
Clearly if we can fund that by selling Keane , Allan , Gomes , Gbamin and Davies that would be great and genuinely I'm surprised that we can't get a fee for at least a couple of them.
If we can't raise sufficient funds in this way then we need to think outside the box and perhaps let Gordon go. His sale should bring in circa £40m and allow us to bring in real quality up top where it is desperately needed.

Frank is clearly set upon playing 5 at the back and I think we now have the players to do so.

Given that, I'd like us to play 3 in midfield and a combo of Gana , Onana , Iwobi , Doucoure, Gordon and McNeil would be fine.

That leaves 2 up top. Sadly, I don't think we can rely on Alli in any shape or form.
So, I'd like to see us sign 2 young strikers perhaps one on loan and one in a permanent deal.
Clearly if we can fund that by selling Keane , Allan , Gomes , Gbamin and Davies that would be great and genuinely I'm surprised that we can't get a fee for at least a couple of them.
If we can't raise sufficient funds in this way then we need to think outside the box and perhaps let Gordon go. His sale should bring in circa £40m and allow us to bring in real quality up top where it is desperately needed.
We lack a attacking center mid for 5-3-2 (maybe the MGW and Gallagher interest was with that in mind) we also lack a cf minimum - ideally you'd want a pacey smaller player with great movement to oldy alongside DCL in it.

We won't sell any asset now we want to keep, think Moshiri will bankroll a new cf in the 20-30m price bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.