Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a finish. Ticks all the boxes. We do well normally picking up championship players. Cahill and Lescott come to mind. If we can afford him and he's a reasonable price is exactly the type of business we should be doing.
Do we just ignore his blazing miss from 12 yards out centre of goal when they were 3 on 1 with the keeper who was pretty much on his line.

That Gyokeres is a signing we really can get behind to be honest.

If we can get him in for like £8m, he’s proven he can score in the Championship, so even if he he does flop, someone will take him off our hands.

It’s smart business, If the fee is right.
I don't see it to be honest. Doesn't look much better than Nathan Broadhead or Simms. Rather we put the funds towards a striker proven at a top tier European side or someone younger with a higher ceiling.

As bad as it may sound we have Rondon until the end of the window, anytime between then and now is the time for a replacement. There’s absolutely no benefit to us panicking now and getting the first one in that’ll come to us.

We didn’t panic on the midfield when we could’ve ended up with Winks and Barkley, we waited and got Onana and Gana instead.

Thelwell and Lampard have earned our trust in regards to transfers so far, I trust them to get the right man in for a forward, I’d prefer to have Rondon up top for the next 3 or 4 games than the next 15 because the lad they bring in this week is no better than him because he was the first one we can rush through.

Hardly a panic when Richi was always leaving and our only other striker has been injured all year. That's just bad planning by KT

Hardly a panic when Richi was always leaving and our only other striker has been injured all year. That's just bad planning by KT
Maybe they have a target and a deal lined up but that can't happen until the selling club has a replacement sorted.

It's not as simple as just signing who we want, it's a chain of sales that usually has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.