Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are turning into Burnley with a big man to lump it upto and Mcneil /Tarks
I think the idea is the goals will come also from the 2 wide players supporting and the midfield too.

And we're set up with players that can put a decent cross in.

Id rather we get a player in that can hold the ball up and get his head on stuff. Than trying to play someone like Gray or Gordon through middle

With Godfrey out for the season most likely and Mina just not built to play more than 2 games on the run, Coady is more or less done I've heard.
Maybe it is, but I question the logic. Coady forces you to play a back 3. The addition of Onana and Gueye allows us to play a 433 or 4231 at least. Coady cannot play in a back 4. The sensible move, to me at least, would be to look at a CB who can play in both a back 3 and as one of 2 CBs in a back 4.

Morning all

Having watched the game yday and having taken an interest in the transfer window, I personally don’t think that the club was ever going to have all its business done for the start of the season.

It seems that the Richarlison deal had to be done by a certain date but the feeling at that time was that we would struggle to bring any players in for a fee and would struggle to cover key areas of the pitch in general. I’m guessing that in wanting to play 3-4-3 that defence and midfield was the priority and tbh the business we’ve done there is a lot better than I thought we possible.

While the prospect of DCL getting an injury may have appeared obvious, and the need for a contingency clear, I think, at the time midfield and defence were the priority positions. We had one of the worst defences and midfields in the league and while the argument that we needed a Richarlison replacement and should have had one in place when he was sold is sound, it is also the case that the forward positions are the most difficult to find premier league quality in and generally require the largest outlay in fees

Given the business done to date I’m reasonably confident we’ll have the cover we need by the end of the window but not necessarily in time for the opening games, which while a dangerous strategy is a lot better than i thought possible and I feel is the net result of previous mismanagement.

While we can all agree we should have been better prepared maybe it’s also fair to say the club, in terms of transfers, is showing some signs of progress and is starting to dig its was out of what was an absolute mire.

I think the idea is the goals will come also from the 2 wide players supporting and the midfield too.

And we're set up with players that can put a decent cross in.

Id rather we get a player in that can hold the ball up and get his head on stuff. Than trying to play someone like Gray or Gordon through middle

I disagree I think the team with the inclusion of Onana and Gueye will benefit more from a fast striker who can react to us winning possession high as thsts how we will play - high press .

Both crap for us like but more AJ less Beattie if that makes sense in terms of how they play

We need someone who can head a ball as Gordon clearly can't and we are set up to cross the ball lots by having wingbacks and players like mcneil, Gray and Gordon.

So I've no issue getting a big man to "lump" it to.

Think he will want a cf in soon and wont leave it to late, is key for the team. Rhe injuries could force us to push more with talks on coady. I also think he could use iwobi out wide even tho i would like another option i dont think the football will be that bad is just the lack of any real cf cost us as they couldnt really work the chelsea defence

Can coady not being able to play in a back 4, the same as tarkowski not being able to play anything other than Dyche-ball that everyone was peddling on here?

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.