Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guedes is apparently on his way to the premier league from valencia...Big offer on the table accepted. Could be us, wolves, newcaslte or arsenal...take your pick
Offer is from Wolves by the sounds of things although if we could at all afford it it would be a good one to gazump.

But my issue with this whole 'let's loan Broja' thing is I don't think Chelsea are going to loan him out until right at the end of the window. They didn't name Werner on the bench today as they'd like to shift him.

So until they get another forward or two in, they won't be letting him go, and there's another 4 league games and a cup game this month.
Yeah I really wanted Broja, but it’s definitely time to move on and get someone else in. There’s no way he’s moving any time soon. If they sign another forward he definitely might push for a move, but as you said by that time we’ll have played several very important games.

That team gets no more than a point at Villa next week.

If no new players brought into the side very soon it’s going to be bottom end of the league all season.

We all knew there was no goals in the squad without Richy or DCL, today proved that emphatically.

Problem is, we can’t even afford a decent striker so feeding on second string loan scraps from bigger clubs.

Yeah I really wanted Broja, but it’s definitely time to move on and get someone else in. There’s no way he’s moving any time soon. If they sign another forward he definitely might push for a move, but as you said by that time we’ll have played several very important games.
Yeah I mean I don't blame the club because he was/is their no.1 target, so they were absolutely IMO doing the right thing in, after failing to get him or Cornet (who isn't a central striker but would have 'replaced' Richarlison to an extent) in early, going out and boosting other clear areas of need because frankly they were also vital, and we had Dom. They would have been willing to go with Dom for the first 4-5 games of the season and hopefully snag Broja on loan or someone else becoming available, maybe Watford dropping asking price for Dennis etc. It's what all teams do. This is what I'm suggesting to @ToffeeTim

But, they maybe didn't factor in that we're Everton - and this is what frustrates me, like it frustrates Tim - and that means whatever could go wrong will go wrong, x1,000.

Richarlison WAS NOT our first-choice striker.

Calvert-Lewin is.

Everton did not absolutely need a striker to start against Chelsea until 4 DAYS AGO, because they had a fully fit Calvert-Lewin.

Everton have had to use what money they had freed up by selling Richarlison to boost about six positions, and now we're going to need to sign another CB too because in one game we've lost two of our starters.

FFS, it isn't one or the other.

We had a gaping hole in midfield that we've now filled, and are going to add Gana in. That's good. They aren't mutually exclusive.
There's not been a single credible link to a forward since we sold Richarlison. That suggests to me its not priority to the club and that they don't understand the situation correctly. Most organised teams line up the replacement before completing the sale. We're over a month down the line and nothing is even close.

Today showed exactly what we need. But they shouldn't have needed to lose a winnable game to see it. They've got this wrong yet again and we have an extremely unbalanced squad again, only this team the huge problem is having no one who can score!

We didn't need a striker to start today until, on Monday, DCL did his knee. That changed everything, because if not we were looking pretty well set to go into the last 3 weeks of the window knowing a striker was the target.
You keep saying this as if it was impossible to foresee that having a forward who missed the lions share of last season through injury could possibly be injured for a portion of this season. Not only should the club have foreseen this as a possibility they should have prepared for it. Having one viable player, and one player only (Rondon is a joke), in the position from which most of our goals will be derived is criminal mismanagement no matter how you dress it up.

Yeah I mean I don't blame the club because he was/is their no.1 target, so they were absolutely IMO doing the right thing in, after failing to get him or Cornet (who isn't a central striker but would have 'replaced' Richarlison to an extent) in early, going out and boosting other clear areas of need because frankly they were also vital, and we had Dom. They would have been willing to go with Dom for the first 4-5 games of the season and hopefully snag Broja on loan or someone else becoming available, maybe Watford dropping asking price for Dennis etc. It's what all teams do. This is what I'm suggesting to @ToffeeTim

But, they maybe didn't factor in that we're Everton - and this is what frustrates me, like it frustrates Tim - and that means whatever could go wrong will go wrong, x1,000.
I just dont agree with the scattergun approach. We needed a goalscorer and we decided to focus on other areas for some reason. We could sign 2 quality midfielders and still will lose regularly with this front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.