Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think we need * another * wide player. Well, at least not one in the mould of what we already have.

We need a playmaker, if anything. We can have all the attackers and wingers in the world but we've got nobody with any composure in the final third for that final pass.

I mean we don't have either of those atm, like, I know.
Agree we need someone to pick out the runners with passes we have no one to do that I don't know if Onana can? We also need a forward but that was obvious Lamps even mentioned it before the game

Absolutely not panic, but yes frustrated.

It's not exactly rocket science here. We have very little chance of winning games without a forward. Why are the club focusing on other positions?

I think being calm is delusional right now. The manager is being let down, he should be furious.
Well we need every position like that's the thing mate.

We didn't need a striker to start today until, on Monday, DCL did his knee. That changed everything, because if not we were looking pretty well set to go into the last 3 weeks of the window knowing a striker was the target.

As it is now, in the space of 4 days we've lost 3 first teamers. it's mental, it's the first friggin game of the season and all three were freak injuries. Can't even blame the medical team here fgs.

So, we now need a CB - Coady probs - and a ST. But at least we can know we've got CM covered which solves a huge issue from last season.

We didn't need a striker to start today until, on Monday, DCL did his knee. That changed everything, because if not we were looking pretty well set to go into the last 3 weeks of the window knowing a striker was the target.

As it is now, in the space of 4 days we've lost 3 first teamers. it's mental, it's the first friggin game of the season and all three were freak injuries. Can't even blame the medical team here fgs.

So, we now need a CB - Coady probs - and a ST. But at least we can know we've got CM covered which solves a huge issue from last season.

Maybe not for Godfrey but DCL and Mina are clearly not being conditioned right.

If both played for the dopers across the park I guarantee neither would be as injury prone...

No I'm sorry relying on one forward who was injury prone all last season(Rondon can't start games he isn't good enough) isn't good enough . We should have addressed this when Richy went out leaving it this long will cost us dear.You need more fire power than that in this league.

Think we deffo need a goalscorer from oot wide mate - Gordon and Gray couldn't score in a whore house.

One who has a bit more creativity than Richy did would be most welcome though !
I think realistically mate the 'striker' that we go for has to be that type of versatile player. Cornet was on the list, Dennis might be revisited. Broja seems number one target (look where he played when he came on for Chelsea today).

We aren't going to get two players, it'll ideally be one to cover both roles, which is what Richy was. And that's fine, it's a decent way of doing things. But unfortunately every time we plug one gap, another six open up when we play a game and our players just die.

We need a CB urgently. We need a passer in midfield urgently. We need a striker urgently. I also think we are still short outwide. Vinagree looks neat and tidy but he doesn't look like a full back or a winger. Could turn out a pienaar type.

Gray is hit and miss as is Gordon. Mcneil is too unknown at this point . Still work to be done.

At this stage I would take a loan for Batman.

He's nothing special but at least could offer some sort of threat whilst DCL is oot.

Batshuyai (Loan)
Coady (Loan)

Spend whatevers left of the budget on Gana and a replacement for Richy out wide.
Can he start as a lone frontman though? Surely if they were interested it would have been done.

I think realistically mate the 'striker' that we go for has to be that type of versatile player. Cornet was on the list, Dennis might be revisited. Broja seems number one target (look where he played when he came on for Chelsea today).

We aren't going to get two players, it'll ideally be one to cover both roles, which is what Richy was. And that's fine, it's a decent way of doing things. But unfortunately every time we plug one gap, another six open up when we play a game and our players just die.
Don't we have two domestic loan spots and one loan from abroad left? If so theoretically could get Broja, Coady and one other? I think we need someone to make us tick maybe Onana is the one a lot to expect of a 20 year old new to the league though.

Don't we have two domestic loan spots and one loan from abroad left? If so theoretically could get Broja, Coady and one other? I think we need someone to make us tick maybe Onana is the one a lot to expect of a 20 year old new to the league though.
But my issue with this whole 'let's loan Broja' thing is I don't think Chelsea are going to loan him out until right at the end of the window. They didn't name Werner on the bench today as they'd like to shift him.

So until they get another forward or two in, they won't be letting him go, and there's another 4 league games and a cup game this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.