Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen we have been linked to Serhou Guirassy, 26 year old French forward from Rennes, he has 18 goals from 55 appearances for them, he’s a 6ft 2” target man, believed to be available for about €18m. It’s mentioned in the article that Ed may take him on loan with a guaranteed purchase next season, so we don’t have to pay anything this season.

Is he Richarlison's chunkier cousin
sehrou-guirassy-1471939316-5918.jpg

Last edited:
Starting with a back three which includes both Holgate and Keane terrifies me.

Coady coming in on loan is now a must in my opinion.

Get Welch promoted to the first team as cover. Can we recall Branthwaite? And where is Lewis Gibson?

Get Welch promoted to the first team as cover. Can we recall Branthwaite? And where is Lewis Gibson?
Yes to Coady , almost certainly no to Branthwaite and no idea on Gibson.

Coady to come in, and I think Coleman will be seen more as a CB in a three than a RWB.

Holgate was very good today when he came on to be fair.

Anyway, I think we desperately need a wide forward, Richarlison style replacement. Dennis is the obvious one.

If we can get Onana, Gana, Coady (loan), Dennis, and a CF (loan) then we are ready to go.

Coady to come in, and I think Coleman will be seen more as a CB in a three than a RWB.

Holgate was very good today when he came on to be fair.

Anyway, I think we desperately need a wide forward, Richarlison style replacement. Dennis is the obvious one.

If we can get Onana, Gana, Coady (loan), Dennis, and a CF (loan) then we are ready to go.
Nothing got past Holgate in the air yesterday, I thought he has a good game.

I get we had to sell him for financial reasons but the plan needed to be to secure a forward. I also get they were trying its not that easy with deal structures but there are ways also loaning out all our youth(whether they are ready or not )and leaving ourselves with Rondon as back up is strange to me. I agree I would have started Dele by the way I am just thinking of the reasons Lamps didn't. The thing is though excuses wont bring us points. As you say we still need creativity and goals if we don't do it that's on the club I won't be making any excuses for these clowns who constantly make bad decisions with appointments and recruitments on and off the field.
For me the bad decisions have been made already and that's what resulted in last season and this summer.

Not saying that mistakes couldn't still be made, but I'm giving Thelwell a chance as he's not the same old same old.

It's got nothing to do with the board being tight, we just don't have much to play with because of their previous inadequacies and while I am critical of Everton's medical staff I don't think you can legislate for 3 long-term injuries in the space of 4 days in the way that they happened, when you've got such a limited budget.

We wanted a striker and still want a striker. They have to get one quickly. But they can't magic one up out of thin air unfortunately. Hopefully we see movement in the coming days.

Letting Dobbin / Simms / Broadhead go out on load is absolutely scandalous. We need to being in at least 1 if not 2 strikers asap cause if we don't in a few weeks we will find ourselves adrift at the bottom end of the table cause we have not got anybody who can score goals.
Just cements the fact that a deal for a new Forward is all but done, I hope !

Letting Dobbin / Simms / Broadhead go out on load is absolutely scandalous. We need to being in at least 1 if not 2 strikers asap cause if we don't in a few weeks we will find ourselves adrift at the bottom end of the table cause we have not got anybody who can score goals.
Any ‘competent’ board would have had someone lined up when they knew Richarlison was going, and another on the to cover for Calvert-Lewin.

We have been short on strikers for years and got away with it. It seems the manager and coaches don’t think Simms, Dobbin or Broadhead are up for it, but I’m sure that any one of them would have done better than Gray and Gordon yesterday up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.