Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're all desperate to see a striker signed, please can we stop demanding that this happens before Saturday. Panic buying is part of the reason why we're in the mess that we're in. The club have done a pretty good job so far this summer of identifying the right transfer targets, that's what I want them to do now. I don't want to sign a striker tomorrow and regret it for the next four years. I want to see the right player come in, for a deal that's best for the club. And if that means Rondon starting one or two games, so be it. I'm resigned to the fact that Rondon will probably start against Villa whatever happens in the next week.

So we’ve already got 3 in the door (Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil), with 2 more appparently imminent (Onana, Gana), but we still need a centre back and a striker. It is a lot to bring 7 new players in in one window, but let’s face it we need them.

At this point I’d be happy enough with Coady and Batshuayi on loan.
I would be happy with coady purely because he it’s constantly fit, and doesn’t miss a game. He is also a good player and organiser. I think we need him now to sort the right sound out. Because it’s looking likely holgate will be there now going forward. So coady in the middle of the 3 would be a good addition.

My hunch is they'll wait. It's four more games isn't it and with the other new signings Lampard may feel the situation is hardly comparable to that which he inherited last January.

I think we do need to act though and have some results and points on the board by the derby. I also understand the bind they're in though if getting the forward they want means having to wait.

They have to be looking at probably four or five options to ensure one is doable.

So we’ve already got 3 in the door (Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil), with 2 more appparently imminent (Onana, Gana), but we still need a centre back and a striker. It is a lot to bring 7 new players in in one window, but let’s face it we need them.

I've cine around on Coady, seeing Godfrey snap his leg and then Mina realising he's done his 60 minutes for the month and go off, we just need a reliable solid level CB who will actually play every game we aren't scoring many we need the stability at the back week in week out now.

I'd still go for the PSG lad as first option assuming Broja isn't happening though, 22m and get it done fast.

I'd go with that as well. I'd imagine that's doable with our finances. Anything else must be a stretch surely and dependent on shipping players out for cash. That's unfortunately probably unlikely.

I would be happy with coady purely because he it’s constantly fit, and doesn’t miss a game. He is also a good player and organiser. I think we need him now to sort the right sound out. Because it’s looking likely holgate will be there now going forward. So coady in the middle of the 3 would be a good addition.

Tark left Coady center Holgate right get the defence settled and build from there

My hunch is they'll wait. It's four more games isn't it and with the other new signings Lampard may feel the situation is hardly comparable to that which he inherited last January.

I think we do need to act though and have some results and points on the board by the derby. I also understand the bind they're in though if getting the forward they want means having to wait.

They have to be looking at probably four or five options to ensure one is doable.

I think we need two forwards mate in reality.

I've cine around on Coady, seeing Godfrey snap his leg and then Mina realising he's done his 60 minutes for the month and go off, we just need a reliable solid level CB who will actually play every game we aren't scoring many we need the stability at the back week in week out now.

I'd still go for the PSG lad as first option assuming Broja isn't happening though, 22m and get it done fast.

Which PSG lad is this?

I’m with you on simply getting fit, reliable players through the door. What’s the point in Mina and DCL if they’ve barely been fit for 2 years. I’d rather have slightly “lesser” players who actually play.

I'd go with that as well. I'd imagine that's doable with our finances. Anything else must be a stretch surely and dependent on shipping players out for cash. That's unfortunately probably unlikely.

I would be very surprised if we signed any other players on a perm at this stage. Maybe a loan with an obligation if we’re feeling particularly wild.

I think we need two forwards mate in reality.
Agree but can't see that. We'll get one but end the window short overall and I think to do otherwise would be miraculous and asking too much.

I'm more confident in our prospects than previously bearing in mind most of us would be happy with mid-table. We can improve but don't have to pull up trees.

Being unable to shift deadwood for even small fees is going to cost us again most likely. They had so much to do this summer they can't possibly do it all. Just have to hope DCL can be in some way ok to play a part and we get another forward which we will.

Which PSG lad is this?

I’m with you on simply getting fit, reliable players through the door. What’s the point in Mina and DCL if they’ve barely been fit for 2 years. I’d rather have slightly “lesser” players who actually play.

I would be very surprised if we signed any other players on a perm at this stage. Maybe a loan with an obligation if we’re feeling particularly wild.
Kalimuendo mate, Leeds want him and available at 22m, not a target man but a very very good striker

Status
Not open for further replies.