Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is boring, I accept that, but I also find it boring reading posts saying the squad is massively improved. We've sold Richarlison and have an injured centre forward. Thats not improvement.
We have added Tarkoswki, McNeill, Vinagre and Onana so far but lost Richarlison.

The squad is definitely better but certainly there is a big hole left by Richarlison.

I listened to FL recently and my feeling from what he said was that he knows the forward/s he wants to sign but that club/s were not prepared to sell yet as they waited to see how their season developed and what became available in the market.

I think Lampard knows the forwards he wants to sign and won't deflect from That even though the injury to DCL causes him a short term problem.

Myself.... I like Dennis at Watford, I think there is a bit of Richarlison about him and can also play wide or central.

Good morning all, just getting ready to head off for a for a few days and wanted to send this out so you can see the sort of stories doing the round this morning. Apparently it seems we might need a striker!?

Everton are among the clubs in pursuit of colossal Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, according to the Mail On Sunday.

The newspaper reported via their print edition on 7 August (page 141) that Chelsea and Manchester United are also keen on signing the 6ft 7in powerhouse, who celebrated his 25th birthday last month. It is understood that Stuttgart have made the Austria international available for £17million.

According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, the Toffees are “one step away” from completing the signing of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Idrissa ‘Gana’ Guey for a second spell at Goodison Park. “Gana Gueye hasn’t been called up by PSG as he’s one step away from joining Everton, details being resolved.”

The transfer insider also tweeted: “Amadou Onana will undergo medical tomorrow as new Everton player, he will join until June 2027. Agreement 100% reached and will include 20% sell-on clause.

Paris Saint-Germain won’t ask Everton for much money to sign Idrissa Gueye, with the player wanting to return, according to Julien Laurens.

The French journalist feels the Ligue 1 champions won’t require anything close to what it has cost the Toffees to sign fellow midfielder Amadou Onana from Lille, with that deal wrapped up.

“I don’t think PSG will ask for much money for Idrissa Gueye. Not as much, certainly, as what they are paying for Onana, which is a bit of a risk and a gamble because he’s so young.

“A lot of talent and a lot of potential, but he’s not ready to have an impact that I think a new signing at that price should bring to the club.”

Everton watched Strasbourg striker Ludovic Ajorque in action against Monaco in Ligue 1 on Saturday, sources have told Football Insider.

The 6ft 5in forward, 28, is a target for a number of clubs across Europe after impressing last season in Ligue 1. Ajorque has hit double figures for goals in each of the last four seasons with Strasbourg across all competitions.

Everton manager Frank Lampard wants to sign Serhou Guirassy, who starred against his Chelsea team in the UEFA Champions League two years ago, according to Sources

Those same sources reported that Lampard has been following Rennes forward Guirassy ever since he did well against his Chelsea team in Europe’s premier club competition in 2020.

The report has added that Everton ‘could buy Guirassy or take him on loan with a guaranteed purchase if he does well and they stay up’.

Frank Lampard believes that Everton are OK in the short term despite suffering a double defensive blow - but did not rule out bolstering his options.

Asked by LiverpoolWorld if Everton will now consider dipping into the transfer market for a defender, Lampard replied: “Ben, we are thinking 2-3 months.

“That’s a really quick assessment so we’ll probably find that out in the next couple of days.

“Yerry, we have no idea. We are assessing that this evening.

“Mason comes on for Ben so we’ve got cover there.I brought Ruben on to be a bit more aggressive later in the game and put Myko left-sided centre-half so we can work there.

“Keano (Michael Keane) is there as well. He can work there and is a more-than solid member of the squad. So we have options to cover those areas.

“We’ve have to assess the injuries and, in the short term, we have options to play in those positions.

According to Spanish publication SPORT, as relayed by Sport Witness, Everton are among the clubs keeping tabs on Barcelona forward Memphis Depay for a move in the summer transfer window. The Toffees have reportedly approached the Dutch forward to discuss a move in the ongoing window. However it is also stated in the report by SPORT that Depay favours a move to Juventus but is still studying every offer that comes his way.

Good morning all, just getting ready to head off for a for a few days and wanted to send this out so you can see the sort of stories doing the round this morning. Apparently it seems we might need a striker!?

Everton are among the clubs in pursuit of colossal Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, according to the Mail On Sunday.

The newspaper reported via their print edition on 7 August (page 141) that Chelsea and Manchester United are also keen on signing the 6ft 7in powerhouse, who celebrated his 25th birthday last month. It is understood that Stuttgart have made the Austria international available for £17million.

According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, the Toffees are “one step away” from completing the signing of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Idrissa ‘Gana’ Guey for a second spell at Goodison Park. “Gana Gueye hasn’t been called up by PSG as he’s one step away from joining Everton, details being resolved.”

The transfer insider also tweeted: “Amadou Onana will undergo medical tomorrow as new Everton player, he will join until June 2027. Agreement 100% reached and will include 20% sell-on clause.

Paris Saint-Germain won’t ask Everton for much money to sign Idrissa Gueye, with the player wanting to return, according to Julien Laurens.

The French journalist feels the Ligue 1 champions won’t require anything close to what it has cost the Toffees to sign fellow midfielder Amadou Onana from Lille, with that deal wrapped up.

“I don’t think PSG will ask for much money for Idrissa Gueye. Not as much, certainly, as what they are paying for Onana, which is a bit of a risk and a gamble because he’s so young.

“A lot of talent and a lot of potential, but he’s not ready to have an impact that I think a new signing at that price should bring to the club.”

Everton watched Strasbourg striker Ludovic Ajorque in action against Monaco in Ligue 1 on Saturday, sources have told Football Insider.

The 6ft 5in forward, 28, is a target for a number of clubs across Europe after impressing last season in Ligue 1. Ajorque has hit double figures for goals in each of the last four seasons with Strasbourg across all competitions.

Everton manager Frank Lampard wants to sign Serhou Guirassy, who starred against his Chelsea team in the UEFA Champions League two years ago, according to Sources

Those same sources reported that Lampard has been following Rennes forward Guirassy ever since he did well against his Chelsea team in Europe’s premier club competition in 2020.

The report has added that Everton ‘could buy Guirassy or take him on loan with a guaranteed purchase if he does well and they stay up’.

Frank Lampard believes that Everton are OK in the short term despite suffering a double defensive blow - but did not rule out bolstering his options.

Asked by LiverpoolWorld if Everton will now consider dipping into the transfer market for a defender, Lampard replied: “Ben, we are thinking 2-3 months.

“That’s a really quick assessment so we’ll probably find that out in the next couple of days.

“Mason comes on for Ben so we’ve got cover there.I brought Ruben on to be a bit more aggressive later in the game and put Myko left-sided centre-half so we can work there.

“Keano (Michael Keane) is there as well. He can work there and is a more-than solid member of the squad. So we have options to cover those areas.

“We’ve have to assess the injuries and, in the short term, we have options to play in those positions.

According to Spanish publication SPORT, as relayed by Sport Witness, Everton are among the clubs keeping tabs on Barcelona forward Memphis Depay for a move in the summer transfer window. The Toffees have reportedly approached the Dutch forward to discuss a move in the ongoing window. However it is also stated in the report by SPORT that Depay favours a move to Juventus but is still studying every offer that comes his way.

Good work Bob and enjoy your few days away

Villa just lost 2-0 to Bournemouth and from everything it seems like Gerrard is causing massive unrest with the squad and the fans want him gone.

This team today gets a win against them, adding Gana and Onana to the squad by then, maybe even Coady and a striker depending on how quick we do it we should be fairly easily doing well against them.
That football match is away. I repeat, Villa is away

Good work, thanks ;)

Just for clarity, I've slept on it, and I still don't accept that we should accept the club's excuses about a forward just because it's hard to find a forward. They knew months ago about this situation and were not prepared. I think giving them the excuse is letting them off the hook and letting them avoid accountability.

They've got this totally wrong yet again, and I don't trust them to make the right decisions.

Can coady not being able to play in a back 4, the same as tarkowski not being able to play anything other than Dyche-ball that everyone was peddling on here?

:coffee:
No, it’s fairly well established that he can’t. From reading some comments on here I think it’s fairly clear some people have never seen coady play and will get an almighty shock if we do sign him. He’s very very good at what he does, but what he does is nothing like what some people seem to be expecting.

That football match is away. I repeat, Villa is away
The Villa match will tell a tale. It's one thing losing to Chelsea (one of Moshiri's "expected defeats", no doubt) but a loss at Stevie Me's Villa will have the alarm bells ringing. Unfair? Probably. I mean, it's two games. But that's the nature of modern football now. It's a results business. Lampard has tried to bring optimism - and plenty have bought into it. Villa away is the first genuine test of this. Hopefully we have more business done in the meantime and we really need to get the manager a striker worthy of the title or this season could go south far quicker than people currently suspect...

Just for clarity, I've slept on it, and I still don't accept that we should accept the club's excuses about a forward just because it's hard to find a forward. They knew months ago about this situation and were not prepared. I think giving them the excuse is letting them off the hook and letting them avoid accountability.

They've got this totally wrong yet again, and I don't trust them to make the right decisions.
Agree 100% even leaving aside the unfortunate DCL injury they have known Richy is going for months and Rondon isn't good enough for this league. Even our wide men don't score often. We needs two forwards I am not having there's nobody that could improve us. Its this seasons piece of major mismanagement to go with appointing Benitez last summer and the litany of other pieces going back years

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.