Everton sack Andy Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman's footy is terrible. Absolutey shocking don't care if it's Everton related or not I wouldn't watch it because it bores me

Could have 100k at the final and it would still be shabite. That's why it's rarely mentioned in the media. Why it's rarely shown on tele. Rarely talked about it's why they're aren't paid a fraction of what the men are becauseit's boring

Can throw all the money at it they want will never be big

Depends what standard you are watching though.

I watch loads of women's football and the standard of the German and French leagues are perfectly watchable, enjoyable even.

People judge it in the same way they judge the men's game which is just really stupid as its a totally different game really. More emphasis is put on technique rather than athleticism. There is a big gap between the better sides and players and the lesser ones, even in the top flights so that can lead to some quality issues to be fair.

It is "boring" because like most sports you need some form of investment of interest in it to get enjoyment out of it. If you were to just randomly watch a game in lets say the Czech League would you find it interesting? More than likely not because you don't know the teams, you don't know who the players to watch are, you don't know the history, the rivalry etc. It is a big part of what makes sport interesting.

I have zero interest in cricket and find it "boring", mainly because I know nothing about it. It's the same thing. Basically you are judging something you know nothing about (we all do it).

What on earth has money got to do with it though? I find that a really weird way to look at things. I like the women's game because of the lack of money and ego, it means something to the players, you don't get women players snarling at fans who pay their wages when they score for example, there is very little cheating and the players are very accessible. Its actually on telly more than you think by the way, just not in the obvious places.

You say there is no quality in women's football. You are wrong. Just because you have not seen it doesn't mean its not there. I would be more than willing to teach people on it as well but some peoples minds are just closed to such things regardless of what you put in front of them.

That said the Everton women's team is not the team I follow. I mean I had a choice with this one, why double my suffering?

Last edited:
Pretty sure the viewing figures last year on channel 4 for the England women games were in the region of 5 million. Which, for Channel 4 was great viewing figures.

Your posts in this thread do hint of something, i wonder what that smell is...........

people getting very snowflakey here

I don't like it because it's boring, it's pretty simple, im not telling you not to watch it, it's opinons and mine is it's a turgid watch

some people are to sensitive for 2018

I don't like it because it's boring, it's pretty simple, im not telling you not to watch it, it's opinons and mine is it's a turgid watch

Its nothing to do with sensitivity,its about facts.You're entitled yo your opinion, but best not to back it up with fiction to suit your agenda, just stick to the facts.

But if you don't watch it how can you judge it as being boring?

Sounds like you have watched one game and made a decision. Fair enough, that's your choice but it's not based on anything if you have not watched a wide variety of it. Surely that makes sense?

But if you don't watch it how can you judge it as being boring?

Sounds like you have watched one game and made a decision. Fair enough, that's your choice but it's not based on anything if you have not watched a wide variety of it. Surely that makes sense?

the same way I don't watch emmerdale and I think that's crap, I've flicked on it a few times and thought the standard was comedy level so I turned over

it's not really a big deal not to like something is it?

Depends what standard you are watching though.

I watch loads of women's football and the standard of the German and French leagues are perfectly watchable, enjoyable even.

People judge it in the same way they judge the men's game which is just really stupid as its a totally different game really. More emphasis is put on technique rather than athleticism. There is a big gap between the better sides and players and the lesser ones, even in the top flights so that can lead to some quality issues to be fair.

It is "boring" because like most sports you need some form of investment of interest in it to get enjoyment out of it. If you were to just randomly watch a game in lets say the Czech League would you find it interesting? More than likely not because you don't know the teams, you don't know who the players to watch are, you don't know the history, the rivalry etc. It is a big part of what makes sport interesting.

I have zero interest in cricket and find it "boring", mainly because I know nothing about it. It's the same thing. Basically you are judging something you know nothing about (we all do it).

What on earth has money got to do with it though? I find that a really weird way to look at things. I like the women's game because of the lack of money and ego, it means something to the players, you don't get women players snarling at fans who pay their wages when they score for example, there is very little cheating and the players are very accessible. Its actually on telly more than you think by the way, just not in the obvious places.

You say there is no quality in women's football. You are wrong. Just because you have not seen it doesn't mean its not there. I would be more than willing to teach people on it as well but some peoples minds are just closed to such things regardless of what you put in front of them.

That said the Everton women's team is not the team I follow. I mean I had a choice with this one, why double my suffering?

Good post...you're spot on about womens football,it will continue to grow . I think you should get to know cricket,though;), one of the most watchable games can be international test cricket,another game,coincidentally,which women play ,and womens cricket is getting a lot more exposure now. It is also significant that Sky and the BBC are using a lot more women as pundits and reporters now, and Skys Sunday Supplement more often than not has a woman on the panel. To be honest, its sport, so in my mind, its OK!

Good post...you're spot on about womens football,it will continue to grow . I think you should get to know cricket,though;), one of the most watchable games can be international test cricket,another game,coincidentally,which women play ,and womens cricket is getting a lot more exposure now. It is also significant that Sky and the BBC are using a lot more women as pundits and reporters now, and Skys Sunday Supplement more often than not has a woman on the panel. To be honest, its sport, so in my mind, its OK!

giphy.gif

the same way I don't watch emmerdale and I think that's crap, I've flicked on it a few times and thought the standard was comedy level so I turned over

Again you're entitled to your viewpoint, but for millions of viewers every week, Emmerdale etc., are not 'crap' but are escapoist entertainment.And to be honest, 80% of the time(my opinion) the acting in soaps is pretty good. The writing can be brilliant or basic formula stuff,its photographed well,and has millions of viewers. So you may not like it, but that doesn't mean its 'crap'.

Again you're entitled to your viewpoint, but for millions of viewers every week, Emmerdale etc., are not 'crap' but are escapoist entertainment.And to be honest, 80% of the time(my opinion) the acting in soaps is pretty good. The writing can be brilliant or basic formula stuff,its photographed well,and has millions of viewers. So you may not like it, but that doesn't mean its 'crap'.

Steve, in my opinion it is crap mate, I don't get what your not grasping about that

by your logic that's like saying you cannot dislike say a food because someone in the world likes it so it must be nice

not everything is for everyone, chill out mr Wigan

also LOL

Death, baby, affair, death, baby,affair

that is your basic soap writing, brilliant indeed

So its based on nothing right?

Of course its not a big deal to not like something. You are entitled to your opinion. In the same way people are entitled to call you out on judging something that you have no knowledge about. It doesn't make sense as you have no real base to pass judgement on it if you have "merely flicked on it a few times".

Imagine if you just flicked on to an Everton game the past few years with zero context having never seen any other games and now knowing any of the players, you would think men's football is crap too right?

I would be interested to know what women's games you have "flicked on". The Women's Euros this past summer was widely regarded as a cracking tournament for example.

Oh and Emmerdale is the best of the soaps I reckon, not that that means much like...

Steve, in my opinion it is crap mate, I don't get what your not grasping about that

by your logic that's like saying you cannot dislike say a food because someone in the world likes it so it must be nice

not everything is for everyone, chill out mr Wigan

You are not saying you dislike it though are you? You are saying its crap. That's the difference. If its not for you its not for you, that's perfectly fine and normal, to dismiss it as all being crap though without actually watching it to any level of having a knowledge of the sport is just lazy.

To use your food analogy here you are basically saying you think roast dinners are horrible because you ate a sprout once.

Status
Not open for further replies.