Everton sack Andy Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't we used to have a pretty decent women's team? Or did all the players get poached by bigger clubs?

Yeah, Man City and Liverpool took some of our players and I think one even went to Barcelona. I don’t have anything against women’s football, but I don’t follow it. If you told me that the Everton Women’s team won a cup, of got relegated, I don’t think I would be bothered.

Woman's footy is terrible. Absolutey shocking don't care if it's Everton related or not I wouldn't watch it because it bores me

Could have 100k at the final and it would still be shabite. That's why it's rarely mentioned in the media. Why it's rarely shown on tele. Rarely talked about it's why they're aren't paid a fraction of what the men are becauseit's boring

Can throw all the money at it they want will never be big
I’m not arguing about the gulf in quality, more that some people may think a total dismissal of it is chauvinistic.

Didn't we used to have a pretty decent women's team? Or did all the players get poached by bigger clubs?
We pioneered it successfully for years, sadly in Arsenal's shadow. A few years ago some of the wealthy clubs who had shown zero interest in the ladies game, heard that it could be used to their advantage for FFP, and suddenly took an interest and ploughed money in. They came to plucky old Everton in a feeding frenzy.

Of course, once Evertin stopped being a top name, and the liked of Chelski, Citteh and if course the rs started doing well, then the media start to show an interest and start pushing for Man U to get/buy a team - which they recently did.

It's almost as though it's about branding rather than a sport.

Call me thick here but doesn't that mean I have some sort of aggressive sexist view about not liking women's footy?

Mate there is no quality in it what so ever which is why no one watches it

Pretty sure the viewing figures last year on channel 4 for the England women games were in the region of 5 million. Which, for Channel 4 was great viewing figures.

Your posts in this thread do hint of something, i wonder what that smell is...........

Status
Not open for further replies.