Everton sack Andy Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin

Player Valuation: £40m
Everton have sacked head coach Andy Spence with the Women's Super League club winless and bottom of the table.

Spence's second stint in charge of the club came to an end three days after they were beaten by Yeovil, who won for the first time in 41 games.

Everton finished second from bottom last season, having been reinstated to the top flight following the financial collapse of Notts County.

Goalkeeper coach Jennifer Herst has been named as interim replacement.

In a statement, Everton said they are keen to make name a permanent replacement "as soon as possible".

Sunday's defeat by fellow strugglers Yeovil left Everton as the only only winless side in the WSL, having picked up just two draws from the opening six league games of the season.

Their only victory of campaign to date came against Reading in the Continental Cup in September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=sport

Welcome home Pip
Lurch-addams-family-6160640-456-480.jpg

Lots of people, including 40,000 plus at the Womens Cup Final You should change your user name to evertonnotme, much more appropriate.

Not sure everyone will agree with you on this, in fact many may say it’s an outdated view.

Woman's footy is terrible. Absolutey shocking don't care if it's Everton related or not I wouldn't watch it because it bores me

Could have 100k at the final and it would still be shabite. That's why it's rarely mentioned in the media. Why it's rarely shown on tele. Rarely talked about it's why they're aren't paid a fraction of what the men are becauseit's boring

Can throw all the money at it they want will never be big

Woman's footy is terrible. Absolutey shocking don't care if it's Everton related or not I wouldn't watch it because it bores me

Could have 100k at the final and it would still be shabite. That's why it's rarely mentioned in the media. Why it's rarely shown on tele. Rarely talked about it's why they're aren't paid a fraction of what the men are becauseit's boring

Can throw all the money at it they want will never be big

Yeah but 100k at the final would indicate that a minimum of 100k people care, which is still quite a lot. That’s a separate point to your beliefs on the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.