Everton sack Andy Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument is the same across much of womens sport, and it seems to me like a lot of people don't understand what it is that makes mens sport (generally speaking) more appealing. Basically the quality just isn't as high. That's not sexist, it's just a fact. There's potentially an argument that as a society we have been sexist in making speed and strength the measure of brilliance in our sports, but the bottom line is we have. Because of that, womens sport will always appear inferior, because the speed and strength is lacking.

If the best women play the best men at tennis, they will lose -probably horrifically - the fastest female 100m runner in the world wouldn't even qualify to run in the first round of a mens event etc.It doesn't make the whole sport rubbish or mean that women can't be great sportspeople in their own right, but why on earth would it be surprising that the fastest person in the world is feted more than the fastest woman in the world? The same reason we don't put such huge stock in being the fastest person aged under 25 in the world ,or the fastest over 50. Great achievements for the people involved obviously, but the caveats make it a much less laudable honour.

I've seen a few people say that 'if you treat it as a completely different sport' womens football is great. I'm sure that's true, but the obvious problem is that you can't, because it's not.

Anyway, i'm a proper bitter blue and would like the name Everton to be synonymous with winning trophies in every single competition we enter, so if a new manager will get the womens team up at the top of the table, good luck to them.
Good post. The one “sport” I do enjoy is women’s golf. Their swing and technique is excellent for the most part

What happened to Doncaster belles they usewd to win everything until premier clubs decided to start womens sides. Random sorry.

What happened to Doncaster belles they usewd to win everything until premier clubs decided to start womens sides. Random sorry.
They Basically got downgraded from the top league about 4 years ago-they been the only team,even if they won the top league to a new 10 team Tier 2 of the womens league at the time,to what then became known as the new restructured FA Women's Super League 1 and wsl 2 [Belles went to WSL2],Just to help man city women,as city basically replaced them in the top league after teams had to apply to keep there place in the top league were extra teams were added

They Basically got downgraded from the top league about 4 years ago-they been the only team,even if they won the top league to a new 10 team Tier 2 of the womens league at the time,to what then became known as the new restructured FA Women's Super League 1 and wsl 2 [Belles went to WSL2],Just to help man city women,as city basically replaced them in the top league after teams had to apply to keep there place in the top league were extra teams were added

Seems like they got a short straw and they were by far the most successful women team. Premier and FA have done them a wrong un there.

Status
Not open for further replies.