Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad reality is that, whilst we are still no-hopers and also-rans like we currently are, our best players are going to eventually leave

That's just a sad fact of life

The key is for us to make sure that

1. We get the right price for these players
and
2. We invest that money wisely in replacements who will kick on and make us better so that eventually we become a good enough side that we don't need to worry about such things

Liverpool are a good example. Even they couldn't hold on to Coutinho, but they used the money they got for him well and now they are smashing everyone

Even if this Barca bid isn't real, Richarlison will one day leave us. We're just not going to get to the level we need to get to soon enough for us to be able to hold on to him. However, if we finally get our act together then maybe we can hold on to the players we replace him with and they end up being good enough for us to kick on like we want to

There is no quick fix for Everton. This is going to be a long, and even sometimes painful, building job and more than a couple of our favourites are going to be moved on in order to facilitate it

My advice is to enjoy Richarlison whilst we can. He's going eventually, but I doubt it'll be this window at any rate. Enjoy the fact we have a great player and make the very most of seeing him in that blue shirt

The sad reality is that, whilst we are still no-hopers and also-rans like we currently are, our best players are going to eventually leave

That's just a sad fact of life

The key is for us to make sure that

1. We get the right price for these players
and
2. We invest that money wisely in replacements who will kick on and make us better so that eventually we become a good enough side that we don't need to worry about such things

Liverpool are a good example. Even they couldn't hold on to Coutinho, but they used the money they got for him well and now they are smashing everyone

Even if this Barca bid isn't real, Richarlison will one day leave us. We're just not going to get to the level we need to get to soon enough for us to be able to hold on to him. However, if we finally get our act together then maybe we can hold on to the players we replace him with and they end up being good enough for us to kick on like we want to

There is no quick fix for Everton. This is going to be a long, and even sometimes painful, building job and more than a couple of our favourites are going to be moved on in order to facilitate it

My advice is to enjoy Richarlison whilst we can. He's going eventually, but I doubt it'll be this window at any rate. Enjoy the fact we have a great player and make the very most of seeing him in that blue shirt

uITYglY.gif

14 goals last season, 10 so far this season and he doesn't play as striker, gives 110% everytime he plays, loves playing for us, often our biggest threat on the pitch.

Guy on talksport saying he tackles more than any other forward in the league.

And some fans want him gone, deary me.

Last edited:
14 goals last season, 10 so far this season and he doesn't play as striker, gives 110% everytime he plays, loves playing for us, often our biggest threat on the pitch.

Guy on talksport saying he tackles more than any other forward in the league.

And some fans want him gone, deary me.

Yeah he's been a good player for us

If he went I'd be disappointed, even if we got the right value for him, because he's a good player and I enjoy watching him

I don't get the haters

Yeah, to be honest a 22 year old Brazilian regularly scoring 15 goals a season, who has an incredibly high defensive work rate, is going to cost at least 100 million to even start a discussion.

Media pundits have a problem with literally everything we do. It’s beyond bizarre now.

They probably dislike and downplay Richarlison because they backed up Allardyce when he was sacked - so automatically were waiting to criticise Silva and hoping he failed, and Silva signed Richarlison so they want to keep him down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.