Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its even worth discussing any alleged bid - because there hasen't been one at all.

What it has brought up with our fanbase though, is the debate on what a player is worth and what other fans think said players are worth, you could go as far as that club hierachys have that debate too.

In my opinion it is irelevant what the buying club or other clubs think that player is worth, it is what the player is worth to that selling club.

Crystal Palace for example, what is Wilifried Zaha worth to them? Having him in there team pretty much guarantees a Premier League place, which comes with Premier League money. There is also the emotional attachment of a local lad, fan favourite and possibly being one of there greatest ever players. How much time, effort & money would that take to replace, and even so, it isnt a guarantee you could reinvest that to improve?
The same argument could be held for Grealish at Villa, i've seen shouts from so many people saying he will be going here next year or he will be going there. If he keeps Villa up, i very much doubt he will be going anywhere.
People talk about the Maddison & Grealish who's better debate. (Thats for another day, personally i like watching both) But Maddison would be far more obtainible and a cheaper option than Grealish as Maddison isnt as important to Leicester as Grealish is to Villa. I'd argue if an 80m bid went in for Maddison Leicester would take it, whereas i think Villa would want north of 120m to even talk about Grealish.

The same applys with us & Richarlison. he's an important player to us, so the only relevant valuation of him is what we think he is worth.

As i said, all irrelevant anyway as Sky completely made it up!

I dont think its even worth discussing any alleged bid - because there hasen't been one at all.

What it has brought up with our fanbase though, is the debate on what a player is worth and what other fans think said players are worth, you could go as far as that club hierachys have that debate too.

In my opinion it is irelevant what the buying club or other clubs think that player is worth, it is what the player is worth to that selling club.

Crystal Palace for example, what is Wilifried Zaha worth to them? Having him in there team pretty much guarantees a Premier League place, which comes with Premier League money. There is also the emotional attachment of a local lad, fan favourite and possibly being one of there greatest ever players. How much time, effort & money would that take to replace, and even so, it isnt a guarantee you could reinvest that to improve?
The same argument could be held for Grealish at Villa, i've seen shouts from so many people saying he will be going here next year or he will be going there. If he keeps Villa up, i very much doubt he will be going anywhere.
People talk about the Maddison & Grealish who's better debate. (Thats for another day, personally i like watching both) But Maddison would be far more obtainible and a cheaper option than Grealish as Maddison isnt as important to Leicester as Grealish is to Villa. I'd argue if an 80m bid went in for Maddison Leicester would take it, whereas i think Villa would want north of 120m to even talk about Grealish.

The same applys with us & Richarlison. he's an important player to us, so the only relevant valuation of him is what we think he is worth.

As i said, all irrelevant anyway as Sky completely made it up!

Yep, I mean we would of learnt from the lukaku, saga, and now richy is being played upfront and he likes it, he’s happy and we have a world class manager who I think can keep our bigger names and then add to them in summer

You don't willingly sell your better players who you are trying to build a team.

The only scenario you do that is if the player doesn't;t fit tactically with a new approach and you have a very solid plan to re-invest that money into new players who you know will improve the team.

Unless Richarlison kicks up a massive fuss about wanting to go and/or Carlo doesn't see him as part fo the long term plans then we should not sell.

Personally I don't think he'll go. No reason for us to sell and no idea why he'd want to go and warm the bench at Barcelona.

Also as a side note, can we take bets on who will be the first person to say 'he looks like he's sulking' purely on the basis his facial expressions dont have him grinning from ear to ear

Exactly, like he’s ever been a beaming ray of sunshine Whilst with us. Reckon he wakes up frowning.

Also as a side note, can we take bets on who will be the first person to say 'he looks like he's sulking' purely on the basis his facial expressions dont have him grinning from ear to ear

They`re busy re watching Mind Hunter so that they are fully clued up on all aspects of body language and mind reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.