Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simplest of terms. Why would anyone want to be at Everton at this moment in time,when you could be slotting for Barca.

Thing is Barca spend heaps on players then never play them, then try to add 20m onto them and sell them with buy backs . Dembele, Malcom, Mina , the French CB. Countiho was signed for 137m? Messi , Dembele, continho , greizman richy would end up Malcom mrkII

It makes sense.

I can see Barca paying top of the market for a talented young winger with Suarez out and their season in the balance. Bartomeu is facing stiff competition for re-election to their presidency next year, and another La Liga title and European Cup would go a long way towards securing that.

Four points out of Europe and seven points above the drop, I can see us telling them to go fly a kite. If this were last season where we were out of Europe and nearly assured of staying up at this point, I think Brands pulls the trigger.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this if true; Barca will not be back with that kind of money in the summer.

Mate but we are "out of Europe and nearly assured of staying up"!

It makes sense.

I can see Barca paying top of the market for a talented young winger with Suarez out and their season in the balance. Bartomeu is facing stiff competition for re-election to their presidency next year, and another La Liga title and European Cup would go a long way towards securing that.

Four points out of Europe and seven points above the drop, I can see us telling them to go fly a kite. If this were last season where we were out of Europe and nearly assured of staying up at this point, I think Brands pulls the trigger.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this if true; Barca will not be back with that kind of money in the summer.

Mate but we are "out of Europe and nearly assured of staying up"!

The cash offered is absolutely useless. Double it and its useless because who's going to want to join a team where your best players are leaving and you're playing with Walcott and Siggurdson every week.
Who's going to want to join a club where if you play well and impress, you get a move to the biggest club in the world?

I have no idea, I'm wracking my brains.

Who's going to want to join a club where if you play well and impress, you get a move to the biggest club in the world?

I have no idea, I'm wracking my brains.
Of course you are right. Acting as a stepping stone to the super clubs of Barca, Real and so on is where we should be at the moment. We just have to navigate the movement of players in and out so that we are not left high and dry. Eventually if you are going down this avenue, you can end up with a squad and team that has made you the destination club who is enjoying success. Dare I say that the rs did this over the last few years selling their better players but replacing them and picking up the CL last year and PL this year along the way. Atletico have done it too. Of course it means that our recruitment and sales have to be absolutely spot on - which is where I have any doubts.

Richarlison is likely to continue to impress, this story is out there and it means it is very likely that we will be able to sell at a big fee. This should allow Ancelotti to have decent funds before that eventuality. Next year as things stand we may be looking at a £90m or so loss over 3 years, and this story comes out that Barcelona may be willing to spend a similar amount on our most valuable player. I think it is a tactical story and Barcelona haven't denied it. Papers may say Everton have laughed it off or senior officials have said this or that but there are no actual names mentioned. We will get more than £85m and I can't see his form suddenly dipping, just the opposite. What is really disappointing is the amount of twitter EFC fans who are saying 'bite their hands off' and 'I will drive him to the airport' - I don't get this small-time attitude.

Personally I would rather sell DCL for £40m or £50m than sell Richarlison. We could keep Richarlison for 4 years, he'd still only be 26 and in that time hopefully we'd be a bit of a force, his value would be high.

First of all the offer is too low. He's at least as good as Coutunho who went for £120 million. Secondly it would be terrible to lose our best player at a time when we need to get rid of so many bad ones. He loves the club and we now have a world class manager. Thank goodness we didn't get Moyes or Sean Dyche, he'd be out of the door in no time. That's why the managerial appointment was so vital

Even though this is bull, it’s incredible how little other fans know about football. Laughing st the thought of us rejecting £85m. The lad is a Brazilian international and improved every year and is only 22.

We bought him for £40m-£50m. How much do they think we’re going to want for him?

Twitter just gives idiots a platform to spout uninformed drivel. I bet most only see him play when he’s playing their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.